Any Old-er School Shooter's Left?

MrFluffyHippo - Here's an awesome piece done by robar. I will have something similar. I love the looks of it. I believe it is their take on a single action for CCW

Uploaded with Imgupr

That is sweet.

My Blackhawk is my everyday carry gun, with the 4 5/8" barrel it's not to hard to conceal, a 3 1/2" would be cake.

Nice Three Screw.

The 41 and 45 colt are cool rounds. I own both in Blackhawks. I would like the 45 colt in a double action revolver. I have the 44 mag DW, so I don't NEED a bigger round, but I do NEED a 45 colt revolver. Great outdoors round, big enough for dangerous animals, but not as much recoil as the 44 Magnum.

I have two 3.5 inch Vaquero's, one is the big generation 45 colt with a birdshead grip. It is the size of my 5 inch 1911. The other is a New Vaquero 44 special. It is a lot smaller, standard Plows handle grip.

Shouldn't shoot up schools bro. It makes people cry.... :,( Phone Post 3.0

Dark Knight - Nice Three Screw.

The 41 and 45 colt are cool rounds. I own both in Blackhawks. I would like the 45 colt in a double action revolver. I have the 44 mag DW, so I don't NEED a bigger round, but I do NEED a 45 colt revolver. Great outdoors round, big enough for dangerous animals, but not as much recoil as the 44 Magnum.

I have two 3.5 inch Vaquero's, one is the big generation 45 colt with a birdshead grip. It is the size of my 5 inch 1911. The other is a New Vaquero 44 special. It is a lot smaller, standard Plows handle grip.

As much as I love the .41 mag, the versatility of handloads in .45 colt is what sold me. 185gr-350gr+

For carry I run 250 gr Hornady XTP JHP at about 850fps. My favorite plinking rounds are 255gr LSWC running about 1000fps. I also have some loads that are pushing .44 mag levels at about 1300fps using 255gr lead.

stopclock - Shouldn't shoot up schools bro. It makes people cry.... :,( Phone Post 3.0

I agree 100% bud.

Seekntruth - 

As much as I love the .41 mag, the versatility of handloads in .45 colt is what sold me. 185gr-350gr+

For carry I run 250 gr Hornady XTP JHP at about 850fps. My favorite plinking rounds are 255gr LSWC running about 1000fps. I also have some loads that are pushing .44 mag levels at about 1300fps using 255gr lead.

I think everyone feels that way. I have a Uberti 1873 in 45 colt.

Right now I am getting into competition with a friend with 3 gun, but I want a 4 inch double action 45 colt.

When I was in Iraq I contacted Dan Wesson about my 44 mag. It had a 4 inch barrel on it. I knew they made the 6, 8 and poss the 10 inch but not a 2.5 inch.

So I said to them I was in the Army in Iraq and was wondering if they could make it for me. The emailed back that they do not make it.

So I answered back thanks and attached some pictures from the area and said if they have any questions about the area I would answer them.

20 minutes later they emailed back that they wuold make the 2.5 for me. So the one in the picture is not something you can normally buy.

Seekntruth - 

Have you looked at Buffalo Bore ammunition?

https://www.buffalobore.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=39

I assume you can Handload load up to these powers

I have been doing Steel Plate shooting. We have a couple guys show up with revolvers.

after carrying a M1911 as sidearm in the 'Corps, I entered LE and was qualified with a S&W Model 15 Revolver

my opinion: if you can apply your shooting fundamentals to an old-school, iron-sight, long trigger-pull revolver, you can shoot almost any handgun effectively

Vic Vinegar is teh awesome