any old school ITG or NHB Gear folks still around?

Some memories with Dave Jacobs just popped up on my FB feed. Made me think of the old days. I miss Dave and I miss the old days. Anyone from InTheGuard or the glory days of NHB Gear forum still around?

-SoonerBJJ

1 Like

I was on ITG as Root.

I was on both as Twineman. 

1 Like

Checking in.  Don’t want to mention name as it was my real name.

Remember Saba? Hawk?

1 Like

Carlson Gracie Chicago had a strong presence with Valhalla and Samurai. 

1 Like

yeah for a while, don’t remember screen name though. Good times.

I was Butterball on Nhbgear. There were some great stories told on there. “TSK out” hahaha

I lurked NHB but I don't think I ever posted.

Yes but I don't remember if username was the same. 

ITG…

Hawk was the District Attorney but it might have been him that had some crazy stories of being in law enforcement and experiencing some crazy Texas cowboy type situations.

Cowkook was a bull rider.

Srieter posted there a lot.

1 Like

I read NHB gear most days, but only posted there a few times. I recognize a lot of the names mentioned. I remember SLOWCHOKE on there because I competed in his tournament as a white belt (and broke 2 ribs in the final).

1 Like

Other members were Anaconda (Kenny Florian), Pipelayer (Jeff Glover), Scotty OTM (Scott Nelson), Fat Tony (Carlson called him Tony Fat), Gazzy Parman, and Gumby.

2 Likes

Who was Turkey Sandwich on NHB Gear?

ITG Guy here

Lost my password, opened another account!

Definitely remember nhb gear. I dont recall my username. I was still in the closet about my species though.

1 Like

Was on both, same screen name (or a variation of it)

Nhbgear!! Screen name debaser. Loved that forum, there was some good people there. Also got some cool old school punk band gi patches made there. 

https://web.archive.org/web/20110207175954/http://www.nhbgear.com/forum/

Aaron Lapointe - Other members were Anaconda (Kenny Florian), Pipelayer (Jeff Glover), Scotty OTM (Scott Nelson), Fat Tony (Carlson called him Tony Fat), Gazzy Parman, and Gumby.

Was it here or nhb where the Huntington Beach punk started calling gazzy the dump truck after some alleged interactions with some well known black belts?

1 Like

Not sure I ever posted much, but I used to read it a lot. I was extremely thrilled to finally meet Val and Chrissy in person a few years back, on a trip to Virginia in 2014, plus a great seminar with Dave Jacobs on the crucifix (I still use almost everything he showed, I think).Â