Any one read this book?

Noticed this on amazon,

"With the Back on the Ground: From the Early Japanese in America to MMA - How Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Developed" by Luiz Octavio Laydner

Edit:

First few teaser chapters look posh. 

I'm only up to 1910 but it's been pretty good so far, this little jiudoka apparently already had discovered leverage

Ito’s next challenge is the wrestler Julius Johnson, the man who trained Braun for the previous fight. The bout goes down at Grand Opera House on March 16, 1910. The skillful Johnson manages to take his opponent down, forcing Ito to defend by playing open guard without letting the American latch on to his collar. At a certain moment the two roll out of the area and the ref orders them back to center ring in the same position. As soon as the referee signals the restart, Ito fastens a choke hold and immediately closes his guard to prevent Johnson from posturing up and getting away. With no way out, Johnson is left no choice but to tap. Six minutes of fighting have transpired up until this point. The match restarts for the second “fall,” and the two remain jockeying for grips on their feet before tangling up and going to the ground, where Ito immediately locks on a choke using his forearm, likely a guillotine choke. The fight reaches an end after another four minutes, to the delight of the Japanese fighter’s fans, who are in force at the venue. There's a lot of talk about how keenly Ito used his feet, “which he used better than a lot of men use their hands” when playing guard.

Laydner, Luiz Otavio (2014-08-24). With the Back on the Ground: From the Early Japanese in America to MMA – How Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Developed

Nothing? No one has read this? I'm halfway thru,would have finished and gave a review but attended a seminar/demonstration at the Shendokan on the use of chi for combat applications

Never heard of it. Is it only in kindle or are there real books published? Phone Post 3.0

I didn't notice if it comes in paper or not. It actually makes a pretty good companion to choque. A few minor details seem to have gotten lost in translation, I guess that can be expected though.

I'm in the middle of reading it and it's really good.

Love the history. Especially reaching back to the begins of Judo and Jiujitu in Japan. 

Good stuff and thanks for the recomenndation. 

Will check it out. Thanks Phone Post 3.0

de braco -

Nothing? No one has read this? I'm halfway thru,would have finished and gave a review but attended a seminar/demonstration at the Shendokan on the use of chi for combat applications

I was at that seminar. One of the best I ever attended. Phone Post 3.0

The "springy leg" chi blast was simply incredible. Hope I don't get in trouble and banned from the Shendokan for the covert filming,but,damnit, this information belongs to the whole of humanity, not just a few closed door disciples

Cool, thanks for the book recommendation: it certainly reads a lot less dry than 'Choque' so far, judging by the Kindle sample.

Is there a decent bibliography and references section at the back? I couldn't see any footnotes for the quotes in the sample I've read so far, which would be one major flaw in comparison to 'Choque' (which listed its sources meticulously, very important for a history book).

There are. Not as intensive as Choque though