Any personal trainers here ? PT software

I'm needing some software preferably free for my IPad that I can plan sessions, track progress etc with.

Fed up going through notebook after notebook and having to input stats into excel.

Any ideas folks ? Phone Post 3.0

In I do the same do much paper. Phone Post 3.0

Toni Savage - In I do the same do much paper. Phone Post 3.0
Pain in the ass eh. Phone Post 3.0

In.

I used Jefit Pro for a little while. You can make a workout and then transfer to the app. It just got a little clunky for me so I stopped. Phone Post 3.0

The personal trainers at my gym appear to have this problem. They've ingeniously solved it not by finding an efficient storage mechanism for all the progress, but by stalling progress such that it need not be stored.

At least that's what I can gather from seeing them spend hour after hour, session after session with their clients avoiding the squat rack, avoiding anything heavy or difficult, and just having them wobble on a bosu ball, super setted with standing one-legged on a vibration plate, then throwing a 1kg beanbag at the floor 10 times.

They also never have the problem of their clients becoming fit, and leaving them, or having to answer any tricky questions about safety, form, technique, or any of that other boring shit.

You'd do well to think outside the box, like they have.

For free? Notebooks and excel.

ryans - 

The personal trainers at my gym appear to have this problem. They've ingeniously solved it not by finding an efficient storage mechanism for all the progress, but by stalling progress such that it need not be stored.

At least that's what I can gather from seeing them spend hour after hour, session after session with their clients avoiding the squat rack, avoiding anything heavy or difficult, and just having them wobble on a bosu ball, super setted with standing one-legged on a vibration plate, then throwing a 1kg beanbag at the floor 10 times.

They also never have the problem of their clients becoming fit, and leaving them, or having to answer any tricky questions about safety, form, technique, or any of that other boring shit.

You'd do well to think outside the box, like they have.

You must work out at 24 Hour Fitness. 

vermonter - For free? Notebooks and excel.
Said preferably free haha. Phone Post 3.0

Try Training Peaks - I think there are paid and free options available. Phone Post 3.0

NothingGoldCanStay -
vermonter - For free? Notebooks and excel.
Said preferably free haha. Phone Post 3.0
Sorry man all the for pay ones I know about, like MBI, are pricey as shit and better for tracking a lot of business rather than lifting progress. Good luck though. Personally I make a custom spreadsheet that auto calculates the data I need just by plugging in what was done. You still need to enter stuff but at least can save a blank and fill it in for each client.

Gojira Ninja - Excel. I made a spreadsheet that has about 2500 exercises programmed in by movement type in drop down menus.

Can pre program the number of sets, reps, %1RM and have it all auto calculate the prescrip. Can also have fields for age to calculate HRV zones for cardio.

Can calculate daily macros, body composition, basically any and everything you wanna do.

BUT IT TAKES FUCKING HOURS. I dumped 400-500 hours into making my spreadsheets. Well worth it though. Phone Post 3.0
So about this spreadsheet.... How does it work ? is it transferable? Or would I have to put in 400+ hours ? Definitely don't have the time. But sounds awesome Phone Post 3.0

I like JEFIT.

It's free and after initially setting it up I find it works well for me.

william795 - I like JEFIT.

It's free and after initially setting it up I find it works well for me.
Thanks will check it out Phone Post 3.0

Gojira Ninja - Excel. I made a spreadsheet that has about 2500 exercises programmed in by movement type in drop down menus.

Can pre program the number of sets, reps, %1RM and have it all auto calculate the prescrip. Can also have fields for age to calculate HRV zones for cardio.

Can calculate daily macros, body composition, basically any and everything you wanna do.

BUT IT TAKES FUCKING HOURS. I dumped 400-500 hours into making my spreadsheets. Well worth it though. Phone Post 3.0
I would love something like this, can I pay you for it hahaha Phone Post 3.0

Gojira Ninja -
NothingGoldCanStay -

You can have it if you pay off my student loans :) Phone Post 3.0
I've gone from preferably free to paying off your loans Phone Post 3.0

I did the same thing. Just invest some time into learning excel, it's worth it.

Gojira Ninja -
Toni Savage -

So about this spreadsheet.... How does it work ? is it transferable? Or would I have to put in 400+ hours ? Definitely don't have the time. But sounds awesome Phone Post 3.0
If anyone had access to my spreadsheet they could use it but I don't give it out. I'd suggest just plucking away at it over time while you watch movies, etc.

Basically I have one spreadsheet with different sheets within, each for a different purpose. I duplicate the sheet and name it to the individual and then just use it as a whole profile for that person. Info only gets entered once and then coding grabs the info and puts it anywhere else it needs it, etc.

Huge time saver, just takes an up front investment. Phone Post 3.0
Meh.... Nvm I'll just find another way.......... Sharing is caring. In a way I understand you POV . But come on man . I mean come on .... Phone Post 3.0

Gojira Ninja - 
NothingGoldCanStay -

You can have it if you pay off my student loans :) Phone Post 3.0

Put it up somewhere for 20 bucks and sell 500. 

NothingGoldCanStay - I'm needing some software preferably free for my IPad that I can plan sessions, track progress etc with.

Fed up going through notebook after notebook and having to input stats into excel.

Any ideas folks ? Phone Post 3.0
Word file man, update it each time . Phone Post 3.0