Any photographer's or videographer's out there?

what are you using to shoot?
Favorite Lenses?
Favorite things to shoot?
Accessories you recommended?

Cinematography has became a new founded hobby of mine I'm using a Sony FDR-AX33 4K Handycam which I also just ordered a cheap ass 52mm Wide Angle/Micro Lens today (same day delivery) , hoping will get me the picture I'm looking for when filming landscapes.... Will post review of new wide angle lens

Love this camcorder, has an amazing picture, zoom, and the stabilizer on this camcorder is next level....

Discuss Phone Post 3.0

I've used a variety of ENG style cameras along with the blackmagic URSA Mini 4K and the Canon C100 mkii. The C100 mkii is fantastic. I shot documentary or short form stuff. I'll sticky this thread and reply in full as soon as i get the chance to sit down at a laptop as I've got a lot to say that can be useful for film makers doing doc. I'm interested in the Sony F5 but haven't used it. For me the C100 mkii with 3 rokinon primes (T1.2 or 1.5s wide through 50 to 85) along with a zoom with auto focus 15 to 105 and a macro is all you need to do some amazing stuff. I'll post some work later too

Santo Amaro -

I've used a variety of ENG style cameras along with the blackmagic URSA Mini 4K and the Canon C100 mkii. The C100 mkii is fantastic. I shot documentary or short form stuff. I'll sticky this thread and reply in full as soon as i get the chance to sit down at a laptop as I've got a lot to say that can be useful for film makers doing doc. I'm interested in the Sony F5 but haven't used it. For me the C100 mkii with 3 rokinon primes (T1.2 or 1.5s wide through 50 to 85) along with a zoom with auto focus 15 to 105 and a macro is all you need to do some amazing stuff. I'll post some work later too

Awesome man VU....
Great gear

Please post tips whenever you get a chance Phone Post 3.0

if you are just starting out, get a good tripod with fluid head drag. Ravelli makes some decent ones that are reasonable. Manfrottos are good too.

Invest in some decent lights ($50 or more) if you want to shoot anything in the dark. On camera lights are pretty cheap. You can set them up on a cheap tripod and they're usually battery powered.

If you want to record good sound, the Rode SmartLav+ is an awesome body mic that plugs into a smart phone. Just get an app that records lossless WAV files on the phone. Quality is comparable to expensive systems and it's only like $80.

For other sound stuff, the Zoom H6 is one of the best mobile recording devices available (around $400). You can plug four microphones or sound sources into it and the quality is pristine.

If you're shooting landscapes mostly, look at some graduated filters. They will do amazing things to your pictures if you're shooting horizons.

Also, get Premiere or Final Cut. Don't buy a shit software like Powerdirector.

Kanabull -

if you are just starting out, get a good tripod with fluid head drag. Ravelli makes some decent ones that are reasonable. Manfrottos are good too.

Invest in some decent lights ($50 or more) if you want to shoot anything in the dark. On camera lights are pretty cheap. You can set them up on a cheap tripod and they're usually battery powered.

If you want to record good sound, the Rode SmartLav+ is an awesome body mic that plugs into a smart phone. Just get an app that records lossless WAV files on the phone. Quality is comparable to expensive systems and it's only like $80.

For other sound stuff, the Zoom H6 is one of the best mobile recording devices available (around $400). You can plug four microphones or sound sources into it and the quality is pristine.

If you're shooting landscapes mostly, look at some graduated filters. They will do amazing things to your pictures if you're shooting horizons.

Also, get Premiere or Final Cut. Don't buy a shit software like Powerdirector.

Thank You for this...

Great info Phone Post 3.0