Any questions for Luke Barnatt?

My 'best friend' Luke returns to the podcast on Friday as I'm meeting him in London for Lunch and to record a podcast. 

We also have the exclusive rights to announce his next fight which we will be doing. 

Luke has been one of the guests of the year in my eyes and this will be another cracker. 

May not be available to download before UFC 205 so staying away from that does anyone have any questions for Mr Big Slow?

Thanks!

How's the takedown defense going? That seemed to be the weakest area of his game. Always a stud on the feet. And how long until he's back in the UFC?

Does he like spam fritters? Phone Post 3.0

Are you for or against Brexit and how do you compare that to Trump being elected?

Who do you think will get a call back first, you or John Maguire?

Any chance at all you can make 170lbs or is it a physical impossibility?

In th past, what kind of injuries have you walked into a fight with and where do you draw the line on the type of injury a fighter should not be ignoring and pulling out?

PEDS: Without going into specifics, have you tried them and do you think we will be seeing a problem as fighters transition from less regulated smaller shows to the big show which does random pee & blood?

Why does he hate McGregor? Phone Post 3.0

MrHughes1991 -

How's the takedown defense going? That seemed to be the weakest area of his game. Always a stud on the feet. And how long until he's back in the UFC?

Good question. 

He was working with Phil Davis at Alliance before his Bellator title but will ask him

Letibleu -

Are you for or against Brexit and how do you compare that to Trump being elected?

Who do you think will get a call back first, you or John Maguire?

Any chance at all you can make 170lbs or is it a physical impossibility?

In th past, what kind of injuries have you walked into a fight with and where do you draw the line on the type of injury a fighter should not be ignoring and pulling out?

PEDS: Without going into specifics, have you tried them and do you think we will be seeing a problem as fighters transition from less regulated smaller shows to the big show which does random pee & blood?

Many thanks. 

He was 231 lbs when we did the last podcast in Spain so I'm guessing 170 would be very tricky!

i know him well enough to ask about PED's etc so will ask all. Cheers 

must know a lot about peds lol or burgers!!!

Did you have any clue about Josh having a drug problem? Phone Post 3.0

Uppercutz -

When he was 231 he could still run 2 miles in 10 minutes!

Region Rat - Did you have any clue about Josh having a drug problem? Phone Post 3.0

All over that. I imagine we will go deep

SlapheadGiraffe -
Uppercutz -

When he was 231 he could still run 2 miles in 10 minutes!

2 Miles is like 10 steps for that human giraffe

True dat!

What podcast is this?

First. What's the podcast so I can listen to it. 

I love to he all about his background. 

***How he got into it 

****who he trains/ trained with 

****where he's at with his Bjj and grappling 

*****what his favourite techniques are 

I'd like if the focus was mainly on fighting.   

Thats why I love listening to fighter , to hear there ideas about it.      You won't get it anywhere else.

Journalists maybe , but they're a distant second and far too many of them. 

Fighters are really interesting people but make sure you milk that cow dry in that area. It can be so interesting and great to see a glimpse through their lense. 

I get that some fighters are so tired and want to just not think about fighting after doing it so hard so often with the training but that's the stuff I like to listen to. 

Politics , social issues , I like to here their take too but not if it's going to cut into the time that could be spent talking about the combat area. 

****Whose your favourite fighter /most influential 

*****where the sports going in terms of evolution/technique/style. 

****What style is the best if you had to pick one 

****if he could get specific about certain techniques would be great,especially discussing common techniques people get wrong and why. 

ect....ect.  

Im looking forward listening  

Thanks all!

The podcast is Slaphead and the Giraffe, you can get it everywhere!

Luke was on episode 58, iTunes and android links are here... http://www.slapheadgiraffe.co.uk/episodes/

Other guests include Jimi Manuwa, Brad Pickett, Dan Severn, John Maguire, Roger Gracie and many more!

Any feedback (and five star iTunes reviews!) are appreciated :)

Ttt Phone Post 3.0

bungee up -

How he got into it 

who he trains/ trained with 

where he's at with his Bjj and grappling 

what his favourite techniques are 

Thats why I love listening to fighter , to hear there ideas about it.      You won't get it anywhere else.

Fighters are really interesting people but make sure you milk that cow dry in that area. It can be so interesting and great to see a glimpse through their lense. 

I get that some fighters are so tired and want to just not think about fighting after doing it so hard so often with the training but that's the stuff I like to listen to. 

Politics , social issues , I like to here their take too but not if it's going to cut into the time that could be spent talking about the combat area. 

Whose your favourite fighter /most influential 

where the sports going in terms of evolution/technique/style. 

What style is the best if you had to pick one 

***if he could get specific about certain techniques would be great,especially discussing common techniques people get wrong and why. 

ect....ect.  

Got all these listen and if time allows will ask all or as many as possible. 

Many thanks 

Listen = Listed! Autocorrect!

bungee up -

How he got into it 

who he trains/ trained with 

where he's at with his Bjj and grappling 

what his favourite techniques are 

Whose your favourite fighter /most influential 

where the sports going in terms of evolution/technique/style. 

What style is the best if you had to pick one 

***if he could get specific about certain techniques would be great,especially discussing common techniques people get wrong and why. 

ect....ect.  

Pretty much covered everything you asked although some weren't in direct questions, just chit chat. 

Asked pretty much everything posted here, included why does he 'hate' Conor...

iTunes

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/slap-head-and-the-giraffe/id905359048?mt=2

Android

http://slapheadandthegiraffe.podbean.com/e/episode-73-luke-barnett/

Also on Stitcher etc. 

Enjoy!