Any Rottweiler owners on here?

I was think about getting a Rottweiler. Can anyone tell me if they are a good breed to have or if you have any experience with them.
Thanks. Phone Post 3.0

GF has custody of her now....amazing dog tho

PhillyFights -

GF has custody of her now....amazing dog tho

Cool thanks. Are there any big sellers of the dogs in America? Phone Post 3.0

Yes, in GTA 5. ;)

No?

good,then lets talk about those assholes. 

If you have never owned a large protective/aggressive breed before or do not have the time and money to get it properly trained than I suggest you look into a different breed.

My buddy's girlfriend has one and they have to take precautions whenever anyone comes over.

My buddy had a monster of one for 8 years, recently passed away ! He was a tremendous dog!

FYI

Massive piles of shit will be laid... Lol Phone Post 3.0

Yeah I've read they need to be socialized particularly well. Phone Post 3.0

My Rott never needed any real extra socializing. She's a big baby and loves everyone. Phone Post

My god parents rott just died of cancet. The other ones suffers from eye problems. Avoid pure bred dogs try to get a rott mix Phone Post

HereWeAre - 

My Rott never needed any real extra socializing. She's a big baby and loves everyone. Phone Post

Neither did mine, other than growling at black people on the street...but I think that has more to do with the black people screaming in her face and throwing themselves up against a wall or things of that nature every time they saw her.

Never owned one but have been around more than a few. My buddy's girlfriend's Rott Mojo has bitten one of her friend's before. My wife was also bitten by a well socialized Rott last year although in that case my wife stepped on it's paw accidentally which triggered the bite.

Had 2 and they were great dogs. Both were teddy bears if they knew you but a little scary if they didn't. Aloof is the normal description.

One died of cancer and the other went super protective when our first child was born. Had to get rid of him.

Owner of Rottweilers for the past 18 years. Honestly the easiest dog to train.

Best family dog too.

Just research your breeder for its temperment/aggressiveness lineage.

You should do fine

Have two, they are awesome dogs. The boy is a pure breed and is scared of his own shadow and very very docile. If the cat is on his bed, he'll lay on the floor beside her until she moves. He's 135lbs and the cat is 7lbs with no claws.

The female is a rott/hound mix we think (both rescues). She is ridiculously friendly and will lick you to death if she doesn't plop over on her back for a belly rub.

Treat them kindly, don't let them become food aggressive, and socialize them early and you will have a really great dog.

I have two rescues.

Male is 105 lbs "runt" (Duke)

Female is a  80 lbs Rot hound mix. (Duchess)

They are very smart if you train them well from the begining. I 100% agree with the poster above who mentioned food aggressiveness. My 4 yr old daughter can walk up and put her hand in the dogs bowls and they would sit back until she leaves. THAT is how a dog should act.

Both dogs are very protective of the immediate family and I only was worried one time when my then 16 yr old son was fake fighting with one of his buddies in the living room. I thought Duke was going to lose his shit. Thankfully he gave a warning bark and got down low first so I recognized it and was able to grab him. I have the dogs for extra protection so I want them to act like that, but it is something you have to be VERY cognizant about.

I LOVE my Rotties. Duchess is getting old and I will cry like a baby when she passes. :(

I've had two. One for 8 years, another for 8.5 years. Awesome dogs. Great temperament, SUPER intelligent. Great family dogs. Buy from a reputable breeder and inquire about parents hips. My second guy developed a hip problem which we ultimately, had to put him down for. Best dog breed I 've ever known.

G-S-D - If you have never owned a large protective/aggressive breed before or do not have the time and money to get it properly trained than I suggest you look into a different breed.

My buddy's girlfriend has one and they have to take precautions whenever anyone comes over.

this x 100

train the dog in a formal obedience program.

Dont tell yourself youre gonna work with it in your yard and that its trained because it sits when you tell it to. Thats not the same thing

Mix6APlix - 

My rott was an awesome dog. I miss her dearly. Expect cancer, its common with them. I got 13 years out of her and would kill 10000 new born children for 13 more. Phone Post

Yeah, I had a rott/lab mix for 13 years until he developed liver cancer. We just had to put him to sleep 2 weeks ago.

He was the friendliest, gentlest dog I've ever met. Never had any behavioral problems, and the only time he barked was when a stranger came to the door.

I have no idea where aggressive rotty stories come from. If you put any kind of effort into their training and treat them right, these dogs are amazing.

I owned a Rottie for years. He just recently got diagnosed with bone cancer, and went down hill quick, til I had no option but to put him down. He was 115lbs of pure awesome. When I brought him home, my wife was extremely worried. But, with proper training, and socialization, he was the greatest dog that either of us have ever had. But they are large and bred to be protective (not aggressive). So, you have to know how to display that you are in charge and the alpha of the home. Otherwise, they will run the show. But, in general I think they are a great breed for anyone who understands that having a good dog takes work. If you don't get them exercise, they will find their own way, and thats when problems occur.