Any Rottweiler owners on here?

Mix6APlix - My rott was an awesome dog. I miss her dearly. Expect cancer, its common with them. I got 13 years out of her and would kill 10000 new born children for 13 more. Phone Post

Big mom was 10 when she passeed Phone Post

Mix6 I dont disagree with your methods. I just doubt that the vast majority of people out there have neither the knowledge nor the dedication to do it on their own like you did.

And you are bang on about people taking their dog to 12 sessions etc...I trained my dog in class for 2 years to get her where she is today and it was an excellent investment for us.

the scumbags next door have 2. They will not bark unless they think they should. Of course these dogs only thinkg they should bark at 3am.

Really good dogs though. The neighbors bought them and threw them in the back yard and NEVER do anything with them. They are outside 24/7 year round. And we are talking IL winters. I feel bad for them. But they will always try to jump the fence to give me their kisses!

I have a rott/mastiff mix. 130lbs. She's a great dog, very loyal to me and great with the family. Very good dog with kids of all ages and most women. Hates adult males though. Protective in the sense that she has a ferocious bark, but she has never been aggressive. Phone Post 3.0

Rottweilers are not an aggressive breed. If you see one that is, it's either mixed breed, inbred from a puppy mill, or it has been abused. Buy a high quality dog from a good breeder and you'll be very happy. My two guys were a true pleasure, and honor to have known.

Abrtitans - I was think about getting a Rottweiler. Can anyone tell me if they are a good breed to have or if you have any experience with them.
Thanks. Phone Post 3.0

Had 2 over a 20 yr span. All depends what you want from a breed. Natural protectors, strong as shit, intimidating.

Bad hips and hearts though. Dont let them jump.

Loved them immensely, but tough when it was their time. You will likely have to put it down over hips. Phone Post

choadler -
Abrtitans - I was think about getting a Rottweiler. Can anyone tell me if they are a good breed to have or if you have any experience with them.
Thanks. Phone Post 3.0

Had 2 over a 20 yr span. All depends what you want from a breed. Natural protectors, strong as shit, intimidating.

Bad hips and hearts though. Dont let them jump.

Loved them immensely, but tough when it was their time. You will likely have to put it down over hips. Phone Post

Let me add that they were the best doga I have ever came across Phone Post

Had one when I was younger. It was a guard dog for the shop in our back yard. She did her job well but didn't really do much. Good with people. Just liked sitting and leaning on us. Was fine until she got loose and killed the neighbours dog. She had to be put down. Phone Post 3.0

Mix6APlix - 
RPBJJ - the scumbags next door have 2. They will not bark unless they think they should. Of course these dogs only thinkg they should bark at 3am.

Really good dogs though. The neighbors bought them and threw them in the back yard and NEVER do anything with them. They are outside 24/7 year round. And we are talking IL winters. I feel bad for them. But they will always try to jump the fence to give me their kisses!

Where in Illinois? If you're near the Orland/Mokena/Palos area, I'll come jack them in the middle of the night.

That said, my rott fucking loved the snow. She would run around and bulldoze her face through it. Had camera phones been prevalent at the time, I could have 100 different meme's of her that said how much she loved cocaine.

Rotts aren't huskies or anything, but they sure don't mind the cold at all. Ours were indoor dogs when we first got them and I forgot to put them inside one night when I left for work. It was -20 that night and I honestly thought they'd be dead when I got home! Nope, they were outside asleep on the deck instead of inside the doggie door in the 3 seasons porch where it was about +10 degrees. No fucks were given by either dog but I still felt bad.

They also loved swimming. I mean like Labradors! Throwing sticks in the water with my dogs and a friends lab was hilarious, the lab swam faster so he'd get to the stick first but my dogs would intercept him and dunk him until he abandoned the stick and one of them would bring it back.

Funny, in a strange way, but both of my dogs did NOT like blacks. They would growl in social situations, and bark loudly if anyone black was near the house. No joke.

Im not racist, but it was comical. It acted as if it was trained to be that way, but they really were just house dogs. We didnt train them to do shit.

Lastly, they shouldnt jump, but jesus can they. Mine found out how to do an anthony pettis off the wall fucking thing so it could clear a 6 ft fence. It would hop right over 4 footers. Phone Post

Ours is about 10 he's had two tplo surgeries on his knees hips are good. He came from a shady breeder never had any training. He's the friendliest dog ever doesn't matter who you are. He has 10 square miles to run but prefers to be in eye sight of us at all times.I would defiantly get another hopefully we didn't just get lucky and get a great dog the first time and next one isn't. Phone Post 3.0