Any smart OGers familiar with warp drive

I basically want to show up Elon Musk and design a faster then light starship so we can travel to another galaxy. Only problem is i don't know where to start. I think the best promise is a anti gravity type device.

I also want it to be eco friendly like a tesla.

I'll check to see if I can dig up Bob Lazar's phone number for you.

Gorilla_keylock - I basically want to show up Elon Musk and design a faster then light starship so we can travel to another galaxy. Only problem is i don't know where to start. I think the best promise is a anti gravity type device.

Travel to another galaxy you say? You better come up with something much faster than faster than light because there's a lot of empty space between galaxies 

I got you OP

LiveWire -
Gorilla_keylock - I basically want to show up Elon Musk and design a faster then light starship so we can travel to another galaxy. Only problem is i don't know where to start. I think the best promise is a anti gravity type device.

Travel to another galaxy you say? You better come up with something much faster than faster than light because there's a lot of empty space between galaxies 

Obviously its gotta be fast, im talking technology that will make the starship enterprise look like the stone age.

Start here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcubierre_drive

Gorilla_keylock -
LiveWire -

Obviously its gotta be fast, im talking technology that will make the starship enterprise look like the stone age.

Yes! Yes! Of course, how would you feel about piloting an experimental ship? We're thinking of calling it the Event Horizon but we need a captain and crew. I think it'll get you were you need to go. 

FTL drive??

Puhleaze.

Wormholes, son. Instantaneous travel bricks in the mouth of faster than light travel all day.

Took me a few days but i got a working prototype. Still having trouble dealing with the space dusting chewing up the hull and velocities greater then 0.25c. I'll figure it out though.