Anybody else pulling for Joseph Parker?

I think the two best heavyweights are fighting tomorrow night, in my honest opinion Deontay Wilder is the 3rd best heavyweight in the division right now. Joseph Parker is a beast and I have a feeling he's going to start pouring it on in the later rounds. Can't wait for tomorrow night! 

AJ will weather the storm and tko Parker in the mid rounds.

I want to see AJ/Wilder and don't want Parker to spoil it. Under different circumstances I'd be ok with him winning.  

If Hearn really is going to have Joshua avoid Wilder till 2019/2020 I rather see Parker take him out and blow the division wide open.

I'm hoping Parker can do it. It's going to be a good fight.

Parker is going to starch this arrogant asshole. He is possibly the dirtiest combat athlete of all time . Dude is on copious amount of roids and talks about his superior black race like his weight class wasn’t dominated by a Russian several years and then barely beating him after his prime was over. Fuck this cocky asshole and his fake 500 m contract .

he will lose to any high school wrestler in an actual fight and is not even the best heavyweight today. 

TexDeuce -

I want to see AJ/Wilder and don't want Parker to spoil it. Under different circumstances I'd be ok with him winning.  

Aj has nothing for wilder. After wilder beat Ortiz, he showed he won’t lose. He may be technically flawed but he is a fighter . And is just better physically 

I think you’re letting hate cloud your judgement there fella. Dirtiest combat sportsman of all time? Based on what? You mean because you think he’s on steroids or do you mean for some other reason? If you mean for steroids, which there is zero proof of, do you feel the same about all the HWs from previous generations that were so obviously taking them? How about the ones that actually tested positive? Or people like Holyfield who was caught through his supplier?

I’m genuinely interested about him saying that blacks are the superior race, any source for that?

I don’t think he’ll win but yes I hope Parker fucking sparks him

I think Parker has the weight of the world stacked against him. There’s simply too much money up in the air for the Wilder vs Joshua fight. When you have that much money up relying on an outcome, that’s when you get corruption and all the rigged decisions and refs that stop the fight early and shit. I think Parker needs to KO Joshua to win, even if he’s winning the fight. He will not get the decision no matter what, and if he finds himself in any trouble in the fight the ref won’t hesitate to stop the fight. If he hurts Joshua, I think the ref will give him every opportunity to make the count.. it’s going to be one of those type of fights where the underdog can’t leave it in the hands of the judges. Parker needs a KO..

All that said, hell yes I’m rooting for Parker. I love me an underdog! No bigger underdog story than if Parker pulls off the upset..

I dont think Parker is a clear top 2 HW at all. I'd favour Wilder, Ortiz and T Fury over him at this stage. Not sure he'd beat Povetkin, Pulev or Whyte either based on what hes shown so far.

That said, he definitely cant be counted out against AJ. It'd be funny in a way to see him derail Joshua, but its better for boxing that AJ wins. An AJ/Wilder clash with both guys undefeated would be far bigger than Parker/Wilder.

I'd like to see Parker wipe that smug look off Joshua face 

VladimirPoopin -

Parker is going to starch this arrogant asshole. He is possibly the dirtiest combat athlete of all time . Dude is on copious amount of roids and talks about his superior black race like his weight class wasn’t dominated by a Russian several years and then barely beating him after his prime was over. Fuck this cocky asshole and his fake 500 m contract .

he will lose to any high school wrestler in an actual fight and is not even the best heavyweight today. 

I'm not such a big boxing fan and certainly wouldn't attempt to convince you guys who DO know about boxing anything I thought was correct.

I'm likely to buy the fight tonight and will support AJ.

He's British and seems to be a decent bloke.

As a Brit, it really pisses me off that a lot of our sportsmen are arrogant dicks. I can’t root for Joshua, Khan, Hamilton.. They’re all arseholes. I’ve been watching Parker closely for a long time, hope he does it, he’s got a very good chance to pull it off

As for the guy up their saying he’s on steroids. He’s a boxer dude, don’t kid yourself anyone gives a fuck about steroids in boxing, they’re all at it. Except Fury, he just gets coked up lol

Tyson and Hughie are the only ones that have popped for steroids!

I'm really surprised about the Joshua hate, I thought everyone was behind him from a English perspective.  I've never thought him to be arrogant, seems pretty humble to me just wants to achieve great things.  He did a sportsmans dinner in my hometown and everyone said he was a really good guy and down to Earth.

I get the hate with Hamilton or Khan for sure.

Same - not sure where the arrogant accusations are from? Followed AJ since his Olympic win, haven’t once seen him come across as arrogant.  Any examples you can point to as genuinely wondering if I have missed something?

As for the fight - anything can happen at heavy weight, however I think AJ has too much for Parker and will finish him middle to late : middle (I think rounds 7-10). Going for the upset id put a few quid on Parker round 4 or 5.

KnockoutThoughts -

I think Parker has the weight of the world stacked against him. There’s simply too much money up in the air for the Wilder vs Joshua fight. When you have that much money up relying on an outcome, that’s when you get corruption and all the rigged decisions and refs that stop the fight early and shit. I think Parker needs to KO Joshua to win, even if he’s winning the fight. He will not get the decision no matter what, and if he finds himself in any trouble in the fight the ref won’t hesitate to stop the fight. If he hurts Joshua, I think the ref will give him every opportunity to make the count.. it’s going to be one of those type of fights where the underdog can’t leave it in the hands of the judges. Parker needs a KO..

All that said, hell yes I’m rooting for Parker. I love me an underdog! No bigger underdog story than if Parker pulls off the upset..

True, either way it's good to see the new landscape of heavyweight boxing: Wilder vs Ortiz a couple weeks ago and now this fight, the only thing that could make it better is the winner fighting Wilder and creating a truly undisputed champ. I pray that happens. 

CawkJugglingThunderkunt -

I think you’re letting hate cloud your judgement there fella. Dirtiest combat sportsman of all time? Based on what? You mean because you think he’s on steroids or do you mean for some other reason? If you mean for steroids, which there is zero proof of, do you feel the same about all the HWs from previous generations that were so obviously taking them? How about the ones that actually tested positive? Or people like Holyfield who was caught through his supplier?

I’m genuinely interested about him saying that blacks are the superior race, any source for that?

Look at him. He is on the juice and is way bigger than anyone who has ever juiced in boxing.

And yes there are several sources on google. Also yes I am letting hate cloud my judgement . He’s arrogant and honestly just not that good. 

I think he's always come across as a level headed guy that's easy to root for (and he's proven me more than once) but it remains to be seen how his elbows will function after having surgery on both of them back in november. Given that, and how inshape/motivated Joshua appears to be, I'd have to favor AJ in this fight.