Anybody know anything about triumph motorcycles?

Both the street triple and the speed four get my dick hard but wondering how they compare to a Yamaha or Honda in terms of reliability and build quality. Particularly the speed four because I think they stopped making them in 06 so it would be an older bike and I can't afford to be pouring money into a temperamental machine. Anybody with any experience of either or even just triumph as a manafacturer? Phone Post 3.0

Don't know about triumphs but I have an 81 Yamaha xs650 that's very reliable. Phone Post 3.0

I'm not going to be any help since I've never rode a triumph. But the triumph scrambler is fucking gorgeous. Phone Post 3.0

I've had a Daytona 600 and a speed triple. Both were great bikes that ran perfect with no issues at all, normal maintenance was just as easy as any jap bike, but parts are harder to find. I laI'd down my speed triple and had a helluva time finding a new radiator for it. Had to watch ebay for a couple weeks.

After I sold that speed triple I went with a more normal bike, but that triple sounded sweet and was the best in town bike I've ever owned.

I've owned street triples and Daytona 675. Fantastic bikes to hammer on and ride day to day. Can't speak highly enough and not mechanically temperamental like the older triumphs. Phone Post 3.0

the_b00ts - The Triples are great. I also love the 675R and it's slim design and great bottom end torque. I'm a Yamaha guy, so don't have much experience with Triumph, but I have rode them and the only complaint was the 675R going flat in the upper half of the RPMs. Phone Post 3.0
Yeah if I could have any of them it would be the 675r but can't get insured here in the U.K. as its classed as a supersports. Maybe in a few years! Also instinctively drawn to the Yamaha for peace of mind but the styling of the triumphs is so nice Phone Post 3.0

I just got a new Speed Triple R, and am loving it so far, but it's brand new, so I cannot really commnent on it as a long term bike yet.

crazydave - I've owned street triples and Daytona 675. Fantastic bikes to hammer on and ride day to day. Can't speak highly enough and not mechanically temperamental like the older triumphs. Phone Post 3.0
That's what I was hoping to hear thank you! When you say older triumphs how old do you mean? Phone Post 3.0

My neighbor's kid has one and his only knock is if you need parts or work done, since there aren't many dealers around

3 cylinders. Weird Phone Post 3.0

Street triple here. Going good for me. Phone Post 3.0

I have a 2012 Scrambler. It's just as reliable as a Honda or Yamaha.

A buddy of mine has a track tuned 07 Daytona. He's laid it down at barber doing 100+ miles an hour. It started right back up and he road it for the rest of the day.

He'll also let it sit for a year at a time. After adding fresh gas, it cranks right up.

I have a Thruxton

Love it

everyone I know with Triumphs loves them and hear 0% about issues.

My dad gave me a 68 Bonneville when I was younger. It was an old chopper that I was going to redo. I took the head off of the engine and both pistons were in the same position. I told my dad the engine was fucked and he could keep it.

It turned out the old ones had pistons that moved parallel to each other. I've never seen any other motor like that. I still think it's weird. I don't know if the new ones are like that. Phone Post 3.0

Sub for later Phone Post 3.0

Right Hand JO Power - My dad gave me a 68 Bonneville when I was younger. It was an old chopper that I was going to redo. I took the head off of the engine and both pistons were in the same position. I told my dad the engine was fucked and he could keep it.

It turned out the old ones had pistons that moved parallel to each other. I've never seen any other motor like that. I still think it's weird. I don't know if the new ones are like that. Phone Post 3.0
0° crank. My fz07 has a 270° crank, so it thumps like a v twin. Phone Post 3.0

Alright man, let's go.
Nothing is as reliable as the jap bikes.
Also nothing as boring, please don't think I'm talking shit, just soulless machines.
Unquestionably fast but...

Let's talk about personality and quality, Triumphs are a lot of fun; quality isn't on par with Ducati or KTM but you should buy it Phone Post 3.0

the_b00ts -
RGS87GN - 3 cylinders. Weird Phone Post 3.0
Not really. This narrows the bikes width and puts the bulk of the weight at the center of the bike, which gives it some of the best handling on any bike I've ridden. My R6 track bike came close after some suspension and weight mods, but the 675R guys would still get a leg up in the turns. Thanks to the R6's power in the upper RPMs I could overcome them in the straights. Phone Post 3.0
It's weird Phone Post 3.0

the_b00ts -
RGS87GN -
the_b00ts -
RGS87GN - 3 cylinders. Weird Phone Post 3.0
Not really. This narrows the bikes width and puts the bulk of the weight at the center of the bike, which gives it some of the best handling on any bike I've ridden. My R6 track bike came close after some suspension and weight mods, but the 675R guys would still get a leg up in the turns. Thanks to the R6's power in the upper RPMs I could overcome them in the straights. Phone Post 3.0
It's weird Phone Post 3.0
Nah... It's a very well designed bike and engine. They made some nice upgrades to it in 2013, I believe, to give it more torque as well. Phone Post 3.0
Cool. Still weird Phone Post 3.0

RadlyAssKickedByMcGregor - I have a 2012 Scrambler. It's just as reliable as a Honda or Yamaha.

A buddy of mine has a track tuned 07 Daytona. He's laid it down at barber doing 100+ miles an hour. It started right back up and he road it for the rest of the day.

He'll also let it sit for a year at a time. After adding fresh gas, it cranks right up.
Jesus Phone Post 3.0