Anybody Ride Longboard (skate) Here?

such crappy snow on the westcoast AGAIN, I picked this up for myself:

it's been like 30 years since i skated and flying into yards at 30mph isn't working out really well.  Looking for good leads on techniques and what not.  anybody ride this style of board?

are these guys legit?  these techniques good?  i want to blast down haleakala in the near future w/ my gopro and don't want it recording my death.

My bro does and I've been trying it I love it. Haven't fallen yet!! Phone Post 3.0

Find a good hill- something with a run out. If you're not sure, start low and work your way higher up the hill. Carve hard to slow yourself.

It's mostly about finding a good hill imo. Phone Post 3.0

I do. That board is short for 30mph. Bamboo is good though. What size wheels??

I can see the reason for using one on hills, but why does Uriah Faber ride round the streets on one?

Just seems like an easy skateboard in this case

I used to live for late night Bombing of Hills and Joints on My longboard.

Done shit on that thing that could have killed me.

Bombed the steepest hills and survived the scariest of Death Wobbles.

Been thinking of setting the Old board back up again.
Giant independent Trucks...Swiss Gold Bearings...New Wheels.

It will happen.

Mr Spliff - Find a good hill- something with a run out. If you're not sure, start low and work your way higher up the hill. Carve hard to slow yourself.

It's mostly about finding a good hill imo. Phone Post 3.0

great advice man. i was always looking at hill kinda like weather. it is what it is.  you're right!

Shiloh - I do. That board is short for 30mph. Bamboo is good though. What size wheels??

i don't know but that's an iphone 5c i have next to it

I don't but want to get one. Phone Post 3.0

I have a 46" Arbor pintail...awesome for getting into longboarding until you can become a speed demon

In Phone Post 3.0

so i rode w/ a long time boarder today. guy is 60yo and still rides like he's in his 30s. unreal.  he said that my struts were really stiff and geared more for speed so my turning radius is too long for slower riding like i'm comfortable with.  needless to say had to kick off my board many times.

I need a longboard. Im too old to be bombing hills on my skate board anymore.

I borrowed a neighbors to run to work one day, and got from work back to home with about 5 pushes total. Most of em were just after leaving the restaurant. Phone Post 3.0

I've been seriously considering buying a Hamboard longboard classic. That's the one that was on shark tank. Their boards are over 60" and carve like surfboards. Anyone here use one? Is it worth the $525 investment?

www.hamboards.com Phone Post 3.0

FCTV808 - 

so i rode w/ a long time boarder today. guy is 60yo and still rides like he's in his 30s. unreal.  he said that my struts were really stiff and geared more for speed so my turning radius is too long for slower riding like i'm comfortable with.  needless to say had to kick off my board many times.

Great to hear
I am 37 haven't rode since 30 and hesitant.
Used to bomb like a pirate.

If the 60 yr old is still n the game then I owe it to myself to get bacon in it.

Some of the best thrills in life have come on 46" longboard on concrete.

Swiss oil bearings were my thing... Is that still the shit? everybody had grease back in the day...I rode the Oil sonny...

Don't own a longboard, but I gotta say, the shit that guys who ride longboards get from "skaters" is just plain stupid. I skated for a long time, and kinda hung it up about seven years ago. I'm 33 now. But I knew a lot of guys out there that give long boarders a lot of shit, and I never understood it. I rode longboards a lot as well and skating in general is just fuckin fun! Phone Post 3.0

I bought a new Lost cruiser a couple weeks ago. Rides super smooth! Phone Post 3.0

FCTV808 - 

was his name Victor Earhart??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijLqo7hETPk

I never heard of longboarders getting any shit here. I do both. Skating is skating. No scooters haha. Phone Post 3.0