Anybody train with Chris Haueter?

I understand that he teaches from his garage? Anybody train with him? Experiences? Is he welcoming of visitors?

1 Like

I got into a fight with a drunk homeless man in my garage once.

His name is Ron. He’s not actually a bad guy. :woman_shrugging:t6:

2 Likes

Sounds kinda rapey

1 Like

Maybe a little.

3 Likes

I mean, it was a pretty boring Thursday otherwise.

1 Like

Hes well respected in the SBGI community.

1 Like

Used to train with a purple that would drive from SLO down to SoCal to train with him a couple times a week. Always had great things to say about him.

3 Likes

No disrespect, but training in a garage is just so… 90s.

We train in the padded “Safe Space” down at the local LGBTQIA+ teen center.

Just feels more “2022”.

11 Likes

3 Likes

One of my instructors did a couple of privates with him while over in LA, came back and his pressure had levelled up. He said he did one private session which blew his mind on minor details and had to go back for more. And apparently he is pretty friendly.

1 Like

One of my good friends who is hell of a bjj player trained with Haueter numerous times. Always said he knew his stuff.

2 Likes

Yall got any transracials training with you?

1 Like

Trans everything, all the time… it’s a very fluid environment. --We got more tranny fluidity than an AAMCO service bay.

7 Likes

I have watched his instructional so basically yes, I have trained with him.

5 Likes

I’ve trained at Chris’ garage a few times, he’s really nice. Good group of hard training people there. Him and Melissa were always welcoming to me.

3 Likes

I’ve been to a few of his seminars. He tells a lot of jokes and makes it a very fun environment. Teaches a nice mix of practical self defense style Jiu Jitsu and will throw in some sportive techniques.

2 Likes

Yuck

2 Likes

SBGI seems very cultish and TMA ish. They have become what they claim to scorn.

1 Like

Compared to the rest of the jkd crowd, they’re golden

1 Like

Just noticed this. I train with Chris a couple times a week Chris and Melissa are awesome. Obviously super knowledgeable but also really welcoming to visitors. There’s a great core group and always some visitors coming through.

2 Likes