Anybody use cryotherapy for BJJ related injuries?

I know they're 3 minute sessions and somewhat pricey, but I know a lot of the top guys use it. Anybody here ever use it and If so did you find it to be worthwhile and beneficial to your BJJ (whether it be recovery or getting over an injury quicker)? Phone Post 3.0

Yes. I do it for hip bursitis. Is it a tremendous help or miracle cure - no. Would a ice bath in a garbage can do the same thing? Yes. I guess I pay for convenience. I did it every day for the first couple weeks, now twice a week. It's a 3 minute treatment, I am in and out of the place in 10 minutes and I figured that by the time I bought the bags of ice for a ice bath, the cost is about the same. It does help a little with inflammation and for sure, for whatever reason, it helps me sleep. On the days I do it I sleep like a rock. I am an old man and I go with the 2% rule. If something helps me feel better even 1 or 2%, I do it. I also do exercise with oxygen therapy (EWOT) to reduce inflammation. Use to take Advil every night when I went to sleep, just so I could get out of bed in the morning. Don't need it anymore. Train 5-6 days a week at 50. Phone Post 3.0

I have an outside water bath which I use and used frequently and it is good but not a miracle cure. Here it is pretty cold so I enjoyed sesssions 39 degrees fahrenheit for 10-18 minutes while having the same air temperatur. It´s a great thing to do but I don´t think it speeds up recovery so much. But it boosts your immune system:-)

I was under the impression that it was expensive.  I thought I saw $50 a session.  Is that accurate?  

shark tank -

I was under the impression that it was expensive.  I thought I saw $50 a session.  Is that accurate?  

Yes probably accurate, 50 to 65 for a single session. Drops to 35 to 40 if you buy a package, Phone Post 3.0

Does anyone know about the claims of cryo vs ice bath? he clinics claim that cryo gets the cold therapy deeper into your body than an ice bath. Any info to verify this or just an outrageous claim to sell their product?

I also get really tired after a cryotherapy session, anyone else feel the same?

Yeah for sure. As I said, I sleep like a rock afterwords. If I go on a weekend afternoon I am due for a solid 2-3 hour nap after Phone Post 3.0

Just wear a copper bracelet Phone Post 3.0

JamesParades - Yes. I do it for hip bursitis. Is it a tremendous help or miracle cure - no. Would a ice bath in a garbage can do the same thing? Yes. I guess I pay for convenience. I did it every day for the first couple weeks, now twice a week. It's a 3 minute treatment, I am in and out of the place in 10 minutes and I figured that by the time I bought the bags of ice for a ice bath, the cost is about the same. It does help a little with inflammation and for sure, for whatever reason, it helps me sleep. On the days I do it I sleep like a rock. I am an old man and I go with the 2% rule. If something helps me feel better even 1 or 2%, I do it. I also do exercise with oxygen therapy (EWOT) to reduce inflammation. Use to take Advil every night when I went to sleep, just so I could get out of bed in the morning. Don't need it anymore. Train 5-6 days a week at 50. Phone Post 3.0
Thank you for the post VU Phone Post 3.0