Anyone been to Morocco?

Going to Portugal in a few weeks then Morocco. Keep hearing conflicting things, like they will harass women in the street vs. other people saying it will be fine and thousands go every year (my thoughts).

Going with my GF who is a big tittied blonde (she's a lot more than that but to be relevant...). She has agreed to wear long dresses that cover her legs and breasts to appease the local cavemen, but anyone have any other thoughts?

In. Where you at Lee Murray. Boy we know you lurk here still and your definetly in Morocco....

Letsputasmileonthatface -

In. Where you at Lee Murray. Boy we know you lurk here still and your definetly in Morocco....

Lol........came in to drop the Lee Murray tag, third post beats me to it!

I'v been there a few times! Which city are you going to?

Don't worry as it should be safe. Many women over there dont even wear the hijab on the street. Rabat, Tanger, Casablanca and many cities over there are heavily influenced by occidental culture so you shouldn't worry about anything.

I've been all over morocco. Found it to be nice country but the people were very rough.

glad I went because I love to travel but wouldn't go back 

BTW- they will harass the shit out of your gf but you provksby won't understand it because it will be in Arabic or French. But you'll ge able to tell.

Dead President -

I've been all over morocco. Found it to be nice country but the people were very rough.

glad I went because I love to travel but wouldn't go back 

BTW- they will harass the shit out of your gf but you provksby won't understand it because it will be in Arabic or French. But you'll ge able to tell.

Lol! I went to Egypt to backpack around with my wife in 98/99 and it was tough travelling at times, but everyone kept saying it pales in comparison to Morocco.

Fake Pie - Going to Portugal in a few weeks then Morocco. Keep hearing conflicting things, like they will harass women in the street vs. other people saying it will be fine and thousands go every year (my thoughts).

Going with my GF who is a big tittied blonde (she's a lot more than that but to be relevant...). She has agreed to wear long dresses that cover her legs and breasts to appease the local cavemen, but anyone have any other thoughts?

You've got to keep us posted.......I'm definitely in to hear how things go for you with the blonde girlfriend in Morocco. Might I suggest you tell them she is your wife, not your girlfriend. Trust me, it helps. Lol, you're fucked, ha ha!

I just spent two weeks there.

I went solo but I did speak to a Scandinavian couple who left early because they couldn't stand the lecherous locals. Random Moroccans would say "beautiful" and shit like that while a tourist was walking by with his gf (and she wasn't beautiful at all)

Besides that, many of the locals are shady. I took a 2night 3 day trip to the desert and we all paid completely different prices for the exact same trip. I paid 65 euros while a Japanese girl paid 100 euros and an American couple paid slightly less than 200 euros per person. The range of what people paid went from 60 euros to slightly less than 200. A word of warning, don't book your tours online -- they are much cheaper to book when you actually get there.

I visited Marrakesh, Merzouga (the desert), Casablanca, Rabat, Fes, Tangiers. I found the people much less shady and nicer when I left the tourist areas. Count your change -- restaurant and hotel owners tried to shortchange me probably 10 times in 2 weeks.

Beautiful country (and food!) but yeah the whole economy is based on haggling. You can bargain about pretty much everything. They'll throw a temper tantrum when you lowball them and act like they're about to kill you, just walk away and they'll come running after you and offer it to you anyway. That's just how that shit works down there. Can be annoying, or you can go with the flow and play along. I went in '99 and yes the men do stare a LOT at foreign women. It got on my nerves but then again I was a 22 year old snot nosed kid. Also surprisingly few women wear headscarves. There's a big difference between Muslims in Europe and the homeland.

Just visited Morocco in Epcot.

Been there before and going back in a few months. Buddy of mine is working there. Pretty dirty, locals pretty scummy, some restaurants clean.. Others not so clean. Hash dealers at the train station would call me Frank zappa, which was odd as shit.

It's an experience navigating the trains and my God the smells... The plane trip there smelled like curry farts and there was no escaping it. Only have one bit of advice: spring for 1st class on the trains. Seriously. Your nose and stomach will thank you later.

dhughes - "big tittied blonde"

Does literally NO ONE around here care about rules anymore??
Beat me to it lol

sgotwalks -

Morocco (Africa) =/= Monaco (Europe).

Two wildly different countries.

and Rules OP. You did this to yourself... ;-)

Depends on what you mean by harassment. She's going to get cat called but nobody is likely to touch her. The shopkeepers will probably be more annoying. They will almost all invite you in for tea to show you around their shop every time you pass by. It gets old quick.

Candide - 

Depends on what you mean by harassment. She's going to get cat called but nobody is likely to touch her. The shopkeepers will probably be more annoying. They will almost all invite you in for tea to show you around their shop every time you pass by. It gets old quick.

Haha yup the first time you're like "wow these guys are hospitable" and then you realize they all do it so they can sell whatever they have

sgotwalks -

Ha! 

Usually any harassment is for single women.  Her with a guy it would be unusual. 

You can get into the best kinds of trouble in Lisbon. I stole a case of beer from an Admiral's house in Lisbon.

Make sure you rock a Yarmulke. That way the Moroccans know you're cool.

sgotwalks -
Fake Pie - Going to Portugal in a few weeks then Morocco. Keep hearing conflicting things, like they will harass women in the street vs. other people saying it will be fine and thousands go every year (my thoughts).

You've got to keep us posted.......I'm definitely in to hear how things go for you with the blonde girlfriend in Morocco. Might I suggest you tell them she is your wife, not your girlfriend. Trust me, it helps. Lol, you're fucked, ha ha!

Buy a couple of ten dollar wedding rings.