Anyone bitching about Jon jones' reach still?

Eh..

diggity the only bitching is your op.

Jones is scared to go tp HW or he'd already be there.

aluminum_rooster - diggity the only bitching is your op.

Scared tp what? You really think these prize fighters are scared? They may make smart business decisions but to say they're scared is disrespectful and stupid. Never mind. Tp Phone Post

UGSlapshot -
diggity -
yellow wrkahlc -

I have seen no threads today, or yesterday containing any bitching.

You should have waited to make this thread, fren.

You're right dude, just watching the Henderson Diaz fight made me realise again what a redundant and retarded argument it is. Phone Post

Lets hypothetically say two fighters are identical in every way except one has a four and a half inch reach over the other, you don't think that would be any kind of a advantage?

It definitely would, reach matters but only if a fighter knows how to use it, although I can't understand ppl calling it unfair. Phone Post

I absolutely do think its an advantage... Just not an unfair one.. Sorry dude, maybe you haven't seen the many threads from people here complaining that its unfair and that he should go to heavy weight etc etc.. Watching the Diaz Henderson fight just reminded me of what a redundant and retarded skid mark of a point it is. Phone Post

"I think you need to pay attention to the conversation. Feel free to read shooters post before posting again."

There are other guys at heavyweight who have a reach that is closer to Jon Jones. I know he's retired now, but Brock Lesnar's was like 80". I think that Shane Carwin's is something like that. There's Stephan Struve who is the only person who can match Jones' reach at 84.5".

Also, the guys at heavyweight are bigger and stronger than at light heavyweight, so this helps make up for the reach advantage from Jones.

Y'all don't know! Imma fuck all y'all up with my freaky shit long arms. Come at me bro.... Let me bang an I'll fuck you... I'll fuck you... I mean I'll fuck you... Progigy pro prodigy prodiggity oh fuck it, how can anyone seriously think he should go to heavy if he can still make weight, simply because he has long arms. Honestly, it hurts me to think there is that much stupid out there, sharing bedrooms and kissing first cousins.. Phone Post

Height 1.96 m (6 ft 5 in)
Weight 263 lb (119 kg; 18.8 st)
Division Heavyweight (2007–present)
Light Heavyweight (1999–2007)
Reach 80 in (203 cm)

I would LOVE to watch The Reem smash Jones.

diggity - 

Or benson vs Nate Diaz for that matter. Phone Post

nate didnt even box let alone use his range. He just watch bendo beat the fuck out of him the entire time. Hated it. I despise DW, remember how he was talking shit that Mayhem vs Bisping was the most one-sided fight in history? Yet Mayhem was actually swinging and trying but he was gassed. But nate diaz literally didnt do anything but give the finger and get beat up, but yet Diaz gets honor from delusional white

Jones uses his reach better than any other fighter. Hard to compare Struve to Jones, even though they have same reach and all... Struve has a WAY different style than Jones

PatrickVilone - Jones uses his reach better than any other fighter. Hard to compare Struve to Jones, even though they have same reach and all... Struve has a WAY different style than Jones

Agreed, what I'm saying is that it's pathetic to say his reach is unfair. Phone Post

Yep, only Jones haters say stupid shit like that. And Jones is too big for LHW too since he keeps destroying everyone, yet Bonnar, Tito, Gustafsson are not. Gustafsson apparently started cutting from 240lbs to fight Shogun but I don't hear any retards calling him too big and tall.

Did everyone on this board miss the thread in which JONES' STRIKING COACH was interviewed and said that his reach was one of his biggest weapons? HE MIGHT KNOW.

It doesn't mean he isn't talented. Phone Post

JBJ is not my fav fighter but why are people complaining about his reach. Yeah its huge but whats he supposed to do? Rally for a long limb division?

aluminum_rooster - diggity the only bitching is your op.

No
He wants to beat Tito's record for title defenses then he will move up and beat his own LHW record at HW Phone Post

Stephan Bonnar Kyle kingsbury r gigantic. Jon just has freak talent and the intelligence to use his physical attributes to his benefit. Saying he's too big is ignorant. Bonnar is a giant 205er and got manhandled and clowned by Anderson. Size in a fight is what u make it. Diabate is 6'6 he's not winning any titles Phone Post

"I would LOVE to watch The Reem smash Jones."

Reem at 205 -- the division Jones fights in and belongs in -- would get annihilated by Jones just like he got crushed by every other good LHW he ever fought.

diggity -
PatrickVilone - Jones uses his reach better than any other fighter. Hard to compare Struve to Jones, even though they have same reach and all... Struve has a WAY different style than Jones

Agreed, what I'm saying is that it's pathetic to say his reach is unfair. Phone Post

I don't disagree, I just gave his reach state because it adds perspective and it was funny that we're talking about Jon's reach and dude gave reach stats on everyone but Jones because it is a monster advantage striking, its just not unfair.

I would personally be tickled pink if they could get a open weight class sanctioned. Phone Post

Have people bitched about it? They've just pointed out the fact that it's a built-in advantage.

What Jones has going for him that Struve doesn't is that he's not 7 feet tall. He's far from that height. He's 8 inches shorter. Struve's reach is proportional. Jones' reach is far from it. There is only a half inch difference between Struve's height and reach, with Jones it's 8 and a half. With that comes a much lower base to avoid takedowns with, and he doesn't have to be really skinny in his weight class to make him susceptible to punishment and it difficult to inflict his own.

Jones has pretty much the perfect dimensions to be a standout mixed martial artist. GSP is 5'10" with a 76" reach, 6 inches difference. Anderson is 6'2" with a 77.6" reach, a 3.6 inch difference. It helps to have disproportionately long arms, so long as you're not skinny for your division. Anderson wasn't the same fighter at 170. Skinny fighters don't kick ass, you don't say. Struve keeps on getting better as he fills out.

His overall size relative to his division is BY FAR the largest gap of any of the current or recent champions in the UFC. That is just factual, not bitching.