Anyone else alone?

Not looking for pity, just wondering how common my situation is.

I will be 40 in august. I have never been married. I have no kids. No close friends, just a roommate that I barely talk to. No ex-girlfriends that I am close to. My dad died back in 2007. My mom had a stroke several years ago and developed mental issues that have put her in and out of several mental institutes the last couple years.

So basically I have no one at all to talk to about anything important to me.

How many of you are in this situation?

You have the OG bro, you can bring anything here and get loads of support.

ummm nope. Been happily married for 16 years to a chick who is a librarian in public and Belladonna in the bedroom

Damn man, that's rough. Keep your head up bud, you'll find the right chick for you someday. 

Well this is depressing..
Get a pet. Phone Post

I understand about the no family part, but trust me bro the wife part is overrated.

Stay strong mang. I know it sounds cliche, but the only constant in life is change. Phone Post 3.0

foggybottom -

Been thinking about doing this a lot lately. Phone Post

I can relate

I broke up with the girl of my dreams last summer. No kids, family is several hours away, I have only a few friends really.

Sex doesn't fill the void, I banged 2 girls last week, it gives me something to do that night but the next day it feels just as empty.

I consider joining some social groups etc, but I worry they'd be a disaster.

to be honest, i work in retail, or rather i own restaurants, and i value the time when i dont have to deal with anyone.
i drive to and from work with the radio off most of the time because i find the quiet and solitude relaxing.

when u work day in and day out having to deal with literally hundreds of people, not having to speak to anyone when u finish is the best thing u could ask for.

also, pick up a hobby if ur bored at home

FOR OP

Phone Post 3.0

What do you like doing? There are groups for just about everything. You can meet people with similar interests.

Not quite in the same boat, but recently all my friends have ditched me except 1. Just had to quit my job but don't have another one to go to. I have my parents and an amazing gf that I'm not sure sure why she sticks around because she's got a lot going for her an could easily find someone successfull. Phone Post 3.0

i have 1-2 good friends, a great gf, and a great immediate family (2 sisters and parents that i see a few times a year).

im younger than you though, so i could see myself in your position when im 40. TBH, it wouldnt make me that sad. i like being a shut in and spending time alone.

just find some broad with the same nerd interests who is also interested in being a shut-in like you, and just do what you want man.

plus, like clatty said, you can always turn to the OG, we got your back bro!

Passive Jay - Not looking for pity, just wondering how common my situation is.

I will be 40 in august. I have never been married. I have no kids. No close friends, just a roommate that I barely talk to. No ex-girlfriends that I am close to. My dad died back in 2007. My mom had a stroke several years ago and developed mental issues that have put her in and out of several mental institutes the last couple years.

So basically I have no one at all to talk to about anything important to me.

How many of you are in this situation?

What state are you in Bro? If you're in Utah you're more than welcome to come over and watch hockey tonight.

(If you're a black guy, and plan to fuck my wife, I guess that it was only a matter of time and I'm glad it's going to be an OG'er)

You seem to equate being alone and being unhappy...I can relate, find something to fill your alone time with, working out, BJJ...anything. I'm never alone, has problems too. good luck man

Og's got your back braj, get out there more. We only live once so i live it up. Maybe a change of scenery will do you good. Phone Post 3.0

Thanks everyone. Dont get me wrong, for the most part I am not unhappy. Its the little things that bother me... like no one to vent to, not having someone to shoot the shit with while we watch tv, stuff like that.

Im not the wisest guy in the world thats for sure. But im here for ya Phone Post

Have you thought about podcasting? It might be a good cheap outlet for you to vent, and express yourself. 

You've got a bunch of automatic subscribers here on the OG.

Hey OP, we're here for you brother.  PM me if you need someone to talk to.

Sex Chicken - 

Have you thought about podcasting? It might be a good cheap outlet for you to vent, and express yourself. 

You've got a bunch of automatic subscribers here on the OG.

lol, I have been podcasting since 2007 and did terrestrial radio before that.

We just recorded episode 30 of my latest podcast yesterday.

I am not that interesting of a person to actually have a podcast, I just want to get my voice in a attempt to get some voice over work.

Here is a link to my podcast homepage.

http://www.talkshoe.com/tc/124095