Anyone else confused about G Sots gameplan?

I don't understand his total lack of ground game tonight. He almost gets knocked out in the first, comes back on the ground. Then completely abandons the idea. He had the clear edge on the ground. What was that about? Phone Post

Ross didn't want to go to the ground. When George was trying to get the sub in Ross did a good job defending and then powered out of it. George had nothing for Ross tonight

Pancake Syrup - Ross didn't want to go to the ground. When George was trying to get the sub in Ross did a good job defending and then powered out of it. George had nothing for Ross tonight

Ross was in side control before the round ended. If Sots had gotten Ross back on the mat than Ross would have been fucked. Sots made a couple desperation shots after he was hurt from strikes but that was about it.

I'm an Aussie and I have no idea what his game plan was? Its been like this for a while no. He just needs to go back to his bread and butter. He is magic on the ground. Trying to out strike a striker is crazy. Pearson won it all over except for the one time he was taken down. If he goes back to basics he can come good again... Phone Post

CHILLITACO - I'm an Aussie and I have no idea what his game plan was? Its been like this for a while no. He just needs to go back to his bread and butter. He is magic on the ground. Trying to out strike a striker is crazy. Pearson won it all over except for the one time he was taken down. If he goes back to basics he can come good again... Phone Post

I agree. It's like the Damian Maia effect. He needs to do what gets him wins. Phone Post

He tried a few times to take him down, agreeably not enough. Pearson was peppering him with shots at every range and out worked him in the clinch Phone Post

The Maia effect claims another victim.

Sot is one dimensional. Excellent at that one dimension, but still a one trick pony.