Anyone else find Danaher a bit...annoying?

liquidrob - He obviously is a weird dude, he wears rashguards to weddings and in everyday life

He says strangle for choke when everyone calls it a choke

He is definitely a character, with that said he has some of the best instructionals out, I just laugh at all the weird stuff and sayings now, its part of the experience lol

well, technically it is a strangle … i wish BJJ people would learn the difference between a choke and strangle

flemingo - 

yes, but i find gordon ryan far more irritating

Craig Jones is the only non irritating bjj man, change my mind

Gary Tonon is OK imo

Rodney Ellis - 
liquidrob - He obviously is a weird dude, he wears rashguards to weddings and in everyday life

He is definitely a character, with that said he has some of the best instructionals out, I just laugh at all the weird stuff and sayings now, its part of the experience lol

well, technically it is a strangle … i wish BJJ people would learn the difference between a choke and strangle

Man, I ain’t got time for learning a bunch of science sh!t!

–I just call em all “neck squeezes”.

flemingo - 

yes, but i find gordon ryan far more irritating

Craig Jones is the only non irritating bjj man, change my mind

Lachlan Giles, Marcelo

Craig is great though

shen - 
Rodney Ellis - 

I call them Shimekorosu’s

liquidrob - 
shen - 
Rodney Ellis - 

I just call them “shimmys” and then I stand up and do a little shimmy with my hips. Then the just look at me with disgust and ask me to never do that again.

I actually like the japanese terms. That´s where it comes from so why not use it

Zero1 -

I actually like the japanese terms. That´s where it comes from so why not use it

By that logic we should be calling heelhooks by whatever they were called in ancient Greek

Same as poster above. I’ve taken 10-15 privates with John. I don’t find him annoying in the least. He IS smart. His mannerisms haven’t changed since I knew him as a purple up till now. May those finding him toooo smart aren’t at a level to be able to communicate on a equal plane

He is one of the best at explaining BJJ, BJJ people tend to not like hearing stuff that is longer then 2 to 3 minutes lol, so it’s not for everyone

For just straight up instructional sets with long formats, him and Lachlan are the 2 best currently IMO, but I enjoy the long ass videos though lol

Gordon is getting better, he obviously tries to be like Danaher and he stumbles sometimes, but he will breakdown everything and his narrated rolling and talking about matches are great

Rafa Mendes is one of the best, if not the best, but he doesn’t have the instructionals out and you have to be on there site

Caio Terra is really good, probably the best in 5 minutes and under, his knowledge is insane in all positions

Keenan is top tier

1 Like

shout out to Jon Thomas also, easily has the best stuff on YouTube, check his stuff out

2 Likes
Sir Taps -
liquidrob - 
shen - 
Rodney Ellis - 

I just call them “shimmys” and then I stand up and do a little shimmy with my hips. Then the just look at me with disgust and ask me to never do that again.

Not to be the grammar police but it’s shinekorosu…

liquidrob - He is one of the best at explaining BJJ, BJJ people tend to not like hearing stuff that is longer then 2 to 3 minutes lol, so it's not for everyone

For just straight up instructional sets with long formats, him and Lachlan are the 2 best currently IMO, but I enjoy the long ass videos though lol

Gordon is getting better, he obviously tries to be like Danaher and he stumbles sometimes, but he will breakdown everything and his narrated rolling and talking about matches are great

Rafa Mendes is one of the best, if not the best, but he doesn’t have the instructionals out and you have to be on there site

Caio Terra is really good, probably the best in 5 minutes and under, his knowledge is insane in all positions

Keenan is top tier

Agree.  Danaher’s long explanations have helped me understand BJJ a hell of a lot better than just a 2 minute “do this then do that” without a reason of why or what the ultimate goal is. His breakdowns of the “T kimura” (aka kimura trap),  guard passing, gripping and open guard have been extremely eye opening for me. Gordon Ryan’s latest instructional on seated guard is also excellent.  It’s like Danaher but not as verbose. He is basically teaching the game taught to him by Danaher that has allowed him to mow through everyone. 

flemingo - 
Zero1 -

By that logic we should be calling heelhooks by whatever they were called in ancient Greek

Holy shit, centaur heel hook!  Nice pic! 

Pro tip for watching Danaher videos.  Watch in 2x speed ... gets rid of a lot of annoyances.

deepu - 
flemingo - 
Zero1 -

Pro tip for watching Danaher videos.  Watch in 2x speed ... gets rid of a lot of annoyances.

What sucks is you CAN’T Reverse Heel Hook a Centaur; those tiny little hooves are impossible to hold onto.

shen - 
deepu - 
flemingo - 
Zero1 -

What sucks is you CAN’T Reverse Heel Hook a Centaur; those tiny little hooves are impossible to hold onto.

You got to wristlock the hoof.  Centaurs are notorious for their weak and dainty ankles.

shen - 
deepu - 
flemingo - 
Zero1 -

Yup, that’s why humans had to switch to more of a píso gymnó strangalismó game (Rear Naked Strangle) aka The Centaur Killer

JoejitsuMD - 

I was just watching the Gordon/Ralek match and as much as I want to like Danaher, hearing him bark out “Gordon Ryan” instead of just calling him Gordon seems so weird.  It’s like he’s trying to sound overly intellectual on purpose rather than it just happening naturally.  Also, I find it very strange how he takes moves and positions with well accepted names and calls them all their Japanese names.  Again, if you’re intelligent people will see it through you just being normal.  You don’t have to go out of your way to do things to try to convince them of your brainpower.  I don’t know, it just seems like it comes off a bit strange.  

There is NOTHING more annoying than the sound of Roy Deans voice. Nothing.

2 Likes
liquidrob - 
shen - 
deepu - 
flemingo - 
Zero1 -

Yup, that’s why humans had to switch to more of a píso gymnó strangalismó game (Rear Naked Strangle) aka The Centaur Killer

LOL.

shen - 

First we have to back up and answer the fundamental question: “What is 'annoyance”? by analysing it’s primary constituent component: vexation.

To coputate how it works, I will intersex with a perverted deviant, by using one of my own penile implants.