Anyone else get really anxious Sunday nights?

Like clockwork. Every Sunday around 10pm my heart starts to race and I get a sense of dread for the coming week. I know it's completely illogical but I can't help it. No matter what info, it happens. Even if I'm dead tired, or in a good mood beforehand, no difference. As soon as the sun sets, bam.

I know it's not too uncommon for people, just curious if anyone else here deals with this, and if so, what do you try to do to deal with it. 

3 Likes

1 Like

I've heard people say this but I've never gotten it in anticipation of working the next day. It used to happen in high school and grade school for sure though.

Odd Cuz its rare for me......

but I was lightweight having a panic attack today. 

I used to when I didn't like my job. It was pretty bad. Then I decided to change the things I didn't like in my life and now I have enjoyable Sunday evenings.

4 Likes

I start cleaning on nights like that and just get a bunch of organizing done. I get in the zone and put on something I can listen to. Most times I’ll stay up too late, but shit will be organized for the next two weeks at minimum. 

3 Likes

SergesBeefyHopeFlaps -

Like clockwork. Every Sunday around 10pm my heart starts to race and I get a sense of dread for the coming week. I know it's completely illogical but I can't help it. No matter what info, it happens. Even if I'm dead tired, or in a good mood beforehand, no difference. As soon as the sun sets, bam.

I know it's not too uncommon for people, just curious if anyone else here deals with this, and if so, what do you try to do to deal with it. 

Every week of my life  since the first week of Kindegarten. 

SergesBeefyHopeFlaps -

You don't enjoy your work. Time to start your own business bud, it was the only thing that took that exact same feeling away for me.

3 Likes

WikiTheWalrus - 

I used to when I didn't like my job. It was pretty bad. Then I decided to change the things I didn't like in my life and now I have enjoyable Sunday evenings.

I was going to mention this

Also OP has worked his but off and climbed fast from a former life of leisure

I used to get like that on the evening before I would leave for my two week camp stints.

Normal at least for me.

Working right now...sort of. 

The Sunday scaries 

SergesBeefyHopeFlaps - 

LOL, sounds like you hate your job. You need to accept that it is going to suck, or find a new one.

Not just Sunday’s, almost every work night. I don’t even hate my job once I get there and get going. But damn do I dread it the night before... I think I hate getting up early, getting ready and getting there more than anything. 

jcross -
SergesBeefyHopeFlaps -

You don't enjoy your work. Time to start your own business bud, it was the only thing that took that exact same feeling away for me.

I don't think this is it, but if it is, then my subconscious is retarded.

I have a great job that is fulfilling, I do great work and feel like I really am an asset to the company. It's secure, great money, but I guess it could all be taken away in an instant in the current economic situation. But even then, I shouldn't have a hard time finding another job in the same industry. I don't think that's the cause of my anxiety but I guess it could be. But then it would be every day, wouldn't it? 

You may have a point though... I never went through this with any of my other jobs... But that's probably bevause no one ever depended on me until the last few years. 

YaoMingia -

The Sunday scaries 

This is what it's called! 

I quit working because of the sunday stress.

it worked. Now I don't know what day of the week it is unless the trash man comes.

2 Likes

Your subconscious must be wearing on you?

I get it too, right now anyways. I am having to fly weekly to California Monday-Friday for work. I get it because I just hate living out of a duffle bag and being away. 

Yup. Started an hour ago. Been terrible since March.

If you're very unhappy in your Monday-Friday life (whether it be the type of work, volume, or deadlines) then its totally common.