Anyone else noticing a trend in this..

Women who all the sudden act like they do nothing but train?!

Ive seen this and a few virtually identical.   Most of the women that post this are porkers who started training like a week prior. 

let's hope it works for them.

Blame it on instagram. Phone Post 3.0

the motherfuckers be training for hot dog eating contests Phone Post 3.0

Like guys are any less guilty of this.

Everyone thinks they are gym gods these days.

My buddies just started going to the gym and all they talk about are protein shakes and pre workouts. They've been working out for a week and they act like experts, its really douchy and annoying Phone Post 3.0

I've seen it, but I see it on guys, not girls.

A dude at my gym who works out at the same time as I do wears a hoodie that says
[ ]single
[ ]taken
[X] In the gym lifting heavy ass weights so I don't have time for your shit

Another guy has one that says
[ ]single
[ ]taken
[X]crossfitting Phone Post 3.0

MushroomHead - I've seen it, but I see it on guys, not girls.

A dude at my gym who works out at the same time as I do wears a hoodie that says
[ ]single
[ ]taken

[ ]single
[ ]taken

How do you know if someone does crossfit?

Because its all they fucking talk about!

MushroomHead - I've seen it, but I see it on guys, not girls.

[ ]single
[ ]taken

[ ]single
[ ]taken

I laugh at people that actually pay money for these items and strut around in them. Then I feel a little sad for them.

These are just people who can't play an instrument who wanna be part of a band. It is annoying, but I understand it.

Yes, I was invited as a guest to one of those cross fit type gyms. It wasn't a certified gym, but they did similar workouts.

They even had a DJ there playing music and at the end of the workout, everybody had a beer.

I thought it would be a good place to network, but I stayed away from the "coaches" and others who were wearing the gym tshirt. The coaches were squaring me up when I was killing their regular students in burpees. The students wearing the gym shirts kept saying that this wasn't a tough day and I would have a much harder time if I started a membership.

It's a great environment for some. I could tell that many people there had been through some bad shit one way or another and needed to follow somebody to achieve goals.

For me, it was a little too cult like and I doubt that any of them would be able to make a citizens arrest with an Elvis Judo chop.

I do see many of the students on my social media pages posting about how they did a workout at 5 am, or completed an X amount of circuits. Good for them accomplishing things to feel good, but in the grand scale, dust in the wind.

Jesus KO'd stayrad - I have a Tshirt that says barbell brigade on it . Come at me bru Phone Post 3.0

Back in high school, there was this kid that had a shirt that said:

If you can't race it or take it to bed, it's not worth having.

Dude ending working in a NASCAR pit crew lol!

Other great shirt that's been around for a while is:

Shut the F#ck Up and Workout

There's usually a bucket of powder near them too.

The Brotorious B.I.G - Everyone thinks they are gym gods these days.

My buddies just started going to the gym and all they talk about are protein shakes and pre workouts. They've been working out for a week and they act like experts, its really douchy and annoying Phone Post 3.0
I have done old friends from high school that are the exact same.

It's possible to workout without telling everyone you're doing it. I manage to do it everyday without mentioning it on twitter. Phone Post 3.0

It's because of social media. There are plenty of guys doing this shit, too. I had a FB friend from high school who was one of my more interesting people in the feed. He is like a super nerd who has worked in tech and finance for years, extremely high IQ and would post up plenty of interesting links, observations on current events, society in general. Than he joined cross fit and I ended up blocking him. Women are more visible on social media, so I think that's why you are seeing more of this from them. There's also an aspect of it being a new thing for them they are super excited about and want to blab about it all the time. I notice in general that the people who are always posting their runs using whatever creepy run tracker program they have or putting statuses about their WODs are very unimpressive physically. People who have worked out for years or decades, it's first of all just their daily life and second of all, in most cases, we realize that even if we did a workout that was super badass for us, it's not really that big of deal compared to what other people we know do. I did 3X5 315 as part of my squats today. I was pretty happy about it. But I've been around gyms since I was a teenager and know it's nothing to brag about.

I saw a guy at my gym with a shirt that said.

"Running sucks"

It was cool

back when i was hitting the gym, long before cells and social media, the chickeys used the gym as a fashion show. NEVER wear the same outfit twice.....
no actual message, other than conspicuous consumption.