Anyone else shocked re FOTN?

cycklops -  I think they gotta give it to a fighter that finishes somehow as incentive for other fighters to finish. Or at least to show them that, if you don't finsh you don't get the bonus, no matter how great your fight was to watch.

I thought fotn was for people that clearly were trying to finish, but managed to go to the judges, or at least 3rd round. Phone Post

Flexo - 
cycklops -  I think they gotta give it to a fighter that finishes somehow as incentive for other fighters to finish. Or at least to show them that, if you don't finsh you don't get the bonus, no matter how great your fight was to watch.
I thought fotn was for people that clearly were trying to finish, but managed to go to the judges, or at least 3rd round. Phone Post

Agreed Flexo...they were fighting hard and trying to finish. That deserves FOTN in my mind.

Flexo - 

I have zero grounds for my opinion. If they have a formula for figuring it out I'm unaware. I just figured it was a subjective thing. Not saying the 35ers weren't trying to finish. imo that was a better fight to watch and I would have given them the fotn bonus if it were up to me. I was just projecting.

Just got up this morning, went out after the fights were over, figured Barry gets ko and Jared/Easton got FOTN, woke up this morning seeing it didnt, was like WTF?

Easton/Jared def should have gotten FOTN no doubt.

So they gave Denis the KO so did they have to give Barry a bonus for his knockout so they gave him FOTN bonus to make up for it?

Barry was getting handled by Morecraft and almost got finished by armbar. But then he came back with a nasty KO. That's why it was FOTN. Everybody loves a comeback. Phone Post

GeoDim -  Barry was getting handled by Morecraft and almost got finished by armbar. But then he came back with a nasty KO. That's why it was FOTN. Everybody loves a comeback. Phone Post

This is a good point

cycklops - 
GeoDim -  Barry was getting handled by Morecraft and almost got finished by armbar. But then he came back with a nasty KO. That's why it was FOTN. Everybody loves a comeback. Phone Post

This is a good point

That is a good point. We do all love comebacks, but I see FOTN as the most action-packed back and forth scrap. It is pretty good that there were enough great fights that we can discuss which one deserved it. I'm still going with Easton/Papazian.

Dana just said on Twitter (not that long ago anyway) lol at the fans over the fotn bonus. that he'd take care of Easton and the other dude, "it was a tough choice". So it is completely subjective.

my bad. it was 6 hours ago

The Easton fight was two rounds of movement with a wild third round. If the whole fight was like that it would have been fight of the year. Barry-Morecraft was a fight right from the start so I would have given it fight of the night as well. 

Both were very entertaining fights, but I agree with Op Phone Post

Cappytime -  I completely agree. Phone Post

I thought Papazian/Easton was FOTN as well. Glad to hear Dana is taking care of them!

agree wit op