Anyone else think Conor did us a favour?

I'm much more excited to see Cormier vs. Jones in a true title fight rather than McGregor vs Diaz 2. When I really think on it, it's Mcgregor's shenanigans that really turned this card into must see T.V. So as much as I'll enjoy McGregor vs. Diaz 2 in the future, for now I really think that Conor ended up improving things dramatically.

Here is the line up for UFC 200.

Daniel Cormier vs. Jon Jones
Brock Lesnar vs. Mark Hunt Miesha Tate vs. Amanda Nunes
José Aldo vs. Frankie Edgar
Cain Velasquez vs. Travis Browne Cat Zingano vs. Julianna Peña Johny Hendricks vs. Kelvin Gastelum T.J. Dillashaw vs. Raphael Assunçao
Sage Northcutt vs. Enrique Marín Gegard Mousasi vs. Derek Brunson Diego Sanchez vs. Joe Lauzon Jim Miller vs. Takanori Gomi Phone Post 3.0

One thing for sure is he didn't do himself any favors.

Yeah, because Cormier/Jones was so exciting the first time around Phone Post 3.0

They were still gonna have Brock, just no DC vs Jones Phone Post 3.0

El Toro Tino - They were still gonna have Brock, just no DC vs Jones Phone Post 3.0

You think they planned on having Conor/Diaz ll as well as Brock/Hunto?

InTheClosetCucumberBoy - 
El Toro Tino - They were still gonna have Brock, just no DC vs Jones Phone Post 3.0

Definitely. They have wanted Brock back since he left. UFC 200 was just the lure they used to pull it off.

InTheClosetCucumberBoy -

Yea cause Brock said they've been talking for 3 months about coming back and they sure as hell weren't putting him on UFC 201 Phone Post 3.0

SurgicalGloves - Yeah, because Cormier/Jones was so exciting the first time around Phone Post 3.0
This. Conor vs Nate 2 doesn't make a lot of sense but you know it will at least be an exciting fight.

Cormier vs jones 2 will be two guys who desperately don't want to lose to the other. Almost guaranteed to go to decision. Phone Post 3.0

attjack -
InTheClosetCucumberBoy - 

Definitely. They have wanted Brock back since he left. UFC 200 was just the lure they used to pull it off.
Yep. Two huge draws on one card would have been what they wanted for their biggest event of the year. Conor was supposed to be on it all along but getting Brock was the icing on the cake. Phone Post 3.0