Anyone else think SFs presentation is better?

The way they show the fighters talking about the fight, that cool slow-mo camera they always use, the 'tale of the tape' screen, compu-strike after the fights, etc.

It's not even close, Strikeforce's presentation is infinitely better.

Aesthetically, the UFC is tacky, brash, onbnoxious and ugly.

Strikeforce is achingly slow with replays of finishes and in between rounds.

Not really SF comes off like a low budget attempt at trying to do the PRIDE / DREAM / K-1 atmosphere and failing most of the time.

I also found it annoying that a MMA vet like Shamrock repeatedly called what was clearly an (Anaconda Gator Roll) attempt a (D'arce) in the Silva fight and never corrected it, This does not help fans learn the MMA game.

And as a person who loves the (Anaconda Gator Roll) and was genuinely sad when Silva failed to turn it correctly to finish the choke frankly I found it disrespectful....LoL J/K

But that did annoy me that he should have known what it was sounded like Tito out there commentating.

I agree,I enjoyed there show much better. And they put together a very good Challengers show in Jan7th.The whole card on the 7th is good

SF is so much better, plus im a huge fan of pat of commentary.

I always enjoy everything about the show...

RAMP FTW.

BlackRainNinja - Not really SF comes off like a low budget attempt at trying to do the PRIDE / DREAM / K-1 atmosphere and failing most of the time.

I also found it annoying that a MMA vet like Shamrock repeatedly called what was clearly an (Anaconda Gator Roll) attempt a (D'arce) in the Silva fight and never corrected it, This does not help fans learn the MMA game.

And as a person who loves the (Anaconda Gator Roll) and was genuinely sad when Silva failed to turn it correctly to finish the choke frankly I found it disrespectful....LoL J/K

But that did annoy me that he should have known what it was sounded like Tito out there commentating.

i noticed the anaconda thing too.

but i do still love strikeforce.

MUCH BETTER

prefer strikeforce's presentation by a wide margin

Yes!!! the folks at SF are 1st Class all the way!!!! i worked the prelims as Ring announcer.

<quote>BlackRainNinja - Not really SF comes off like a low budget attempt at trying to do the PRIDE / DREAM / K-1 atmosphere and failing most of the time.<br /><br />quote]<br /><br /><br /><br />agreed, and i absolutely cannot stand ANY of their commentators. i would rather watch it on mute than listen to them.

no

yes

interesting.  i hate their presentation.  mauro sucks.  jimmy lennon jr should go back to calling boxing in his monotone voice.

their  ring girls, however, are infintely superior!

Showtime Sports is all about highlighting the athletes and letting them put the fight in their own words. UFC and Spike are all about promoting the UFC brand and pidgeon-holing the fighters into the same cookie-cutter roles for each event. It definitely feels like SF is getting the better use out of the personalities on their roster.

It feels too much like professional wrestling to me. The ramp and the fireworks are way too cheesy and need to go. Not to mention the announcers, who are horrific. If I were new to the sport I would think it was all a big joke, with the way Showtime puts it on. Phone Post

I love SF. I think its a great org and has some great fighters, but the presentation, production, and commentating, are faaaaaar inferior to UFC. It will never compare till they have real commentators not Looney Toons characters just spewing the first thing that pops into their heads. Mauro is trying way too hard to be The Voice.

cagedoor -  It feels too much like professional wrestling to me. The ramp and the fireworks are way too cheesy and need to go. Not to mention the announcers, who are horrific. If I were new to the sport I would think it was all a big joke, with the way Showtime puts it on. Phone Post

+1