Anyone else think Twilight Zone is overrated?

The original. Been binge watching them. The acting is pretty good, and the filming is great, but they are really not that interesting. Their "twists" I can see from a mile away. They are just kind of boring.

Anyone else feel this way?

Thanks.

No. They're great. You can see the twists because they've all been copied dozens of times. They inspired so much we've seen. 

Im watching one now where they are supposed to be on an asteroid but it has an atmosphere. just like earths. imagine that lol.

I like a few specific episodes in particular. There's a few episodes that I couldn't get into. The outer space episodes are always great. They give you a little time capsule of what people dreamed the future would be like.

One franchise that got is right was Star Trek. Everybody had flip phones.

Another thing that stands out is the production value. People did a pretty damn good job on that show.

If you look up the dude that always introduces each episode, he had a pretty amazing life story and the series stemmed from his military experience.

People only remember the good episodes and don't get me wrong, they are amazing. But there are also a lot if poor/overly sentimental episodes which personally I don't like....

ferox - People only remember the good episodes and don't get me wrong, they are amazing. But there are also a lot if poor/overly sentimental episodes which personally I don't like....

This.

I tried binge watching a season once and ended up skipping to 2-3 episodes.

Fan of Fanboys - no

This!!

You got damn mong!!

No , and how dare you for suggesting such a thing. 

Yes, i feel the same. Some really good episodes, but many more blah ones, IMO.

I lost track of how many endings were a variation of "they were on earth, and not some other place, the whole time."

solidsnake -
ferox - People only remember the good episodes and don't get me wrong, they are amazing. But there are also a lot if poor/overly sentimental episodes which personally I don't like....

This.

I tried binge watching a season once and ended up skipping to 2-3 episodes.

They can’t all be 10s

In general, awesome show. Not over rated. People admit there were a few clunkers here and there. Mostly great though.

One of the GOAT shows ever televised. 

Thingading - 

Yes, i feel the same. Some really good episodes, but many more blah ones, IMO.

I lost track of how many endings were a variation of "they were on earth, and not some other place, the whole time."

haha, some of the opposite as well - we thought they were on earth but they were not the entire time.

There are some episodes that aren’t very good and some that have somewhat repetitive plots, but overall I think it was great. I’ve watched at least 75% of the episodes over the years and I enjoyed them. Hell, I might watch one tonight. I’ve heard and I believe it was groundbreaking for its time and the writing & creative aspects of the show were excellent. The Outer Limits had some goodies, but they were more hit and miss than The Twilight Zone.

With that said, I think Black Mirror could be just as good if not better when it’s all said and done. Their show ideas are so creative and outside the box, yet they keep you entertained the entire time. I also like the futuristic premise for each episode/ the entire series.

IHeartBoobies - 

There are some episodes that aren’t very good and some that have somewhat repetitive plots, but overall I think it was great. I’ve watched at least 75% of the episodes over the years and I enjoyed them. Hell, I might watch one tonight. I’ve heard and I believe it was groundbreaking for its time and the writing & creative aspects of the show were excellent. The Outer Limits had some goodies, but they were more hit and miss than The Twilight Zone.

With that said, I think Black Mirror could be just as good if not better when it’s all said and done. Their show ideas are so creative and outside the box, yet they keep you entertained the entire time. I also like the futuristic premise for each episode/ the entire series.

Interesting.  I need to watch the Outer Limits to see how it compares with Twilight Zone.  

I agree on Black Mirror.  They are doing an EXCELLENT job with that show.

You guys are criticizing a tv show that went OFF THE AIR 54 YEARS AGO?

Seriously?

It was cutting edge at the time.

dhughes - 

It's like hearing Good Vibrations in 2018.  You can't possibly appreciate how fucking genius and out of this world it was when it was released.

Yo, its about time... to bring forth the rythem and the rhyme!!!

UltimateKeyboardWarrior - 

You guys are criticizing a tv show that went OFF THE AIR 54 YEARS AGO?

Seriously?

It was cutting edge at the time.

Fair enough.  But there are a few good episodes.  So they knew how to make good ones.  But for every good one there are like 5 that are totally forgettable.  They could have aimed higher - like someone mentioned Black Mirror above - I feel like every two out of three of the Black Mirror episodes are at least pretty darned entertaining, if not more.  And some are completely, utterly incredible.  Can't say that about any Twilight Zone episodes.

OP needs to get off at Willoughby

MarcusAurelioFan - 

OP needs to get off at Willoughby

Haha I see what you did there.  :)  Haven't watched that one yet but will get to it soon and will report back!