Anyone else tired of crying over grappling in MMA?

It's so ridiculous when people cry over fighters "humping" each other. If you don't appreciate the grappling aspect of martial arts then why are you watching MIXED MARTIAL ARTS?? Just go watch some Muay Thai or any other kickboxing.<br /><br />I can't believe people are bashing Okami for clinching up with Lombard. The guy is the size of an SUV and hit's like one. I thought the point of MMA was to watch two high level athletes (or martial artist) fight to win, not two people standing a couple feet apart waling on each other to see who has the better chin. Inside or outside of the cage NO ONE would stand in striking distance of Lombard. That's just suicidal.

Indeed, but what ya gonna do enh? Phone Post

They should just create an MMA striking sport for the drooling mouth breathers with all the rules of MMA striking and striking on the ground with clinch clocks and immediate standups

Thats not a bad idea at all, like Pride had different type of shows going on in the same year.

MMA fans love grappling, they don't like stalling... Phone Post

2buff - 

Yeah thats true there is a difference between grappling and stalling.

sprawling, shrimping, and escaping aren't that hard. Fighters train for a specific opponent if you know you're going to fight a grappler why don't strikers learn some escapes and TDD. Phone Post

IKossedLawlersSalad - 
2buff - 

2buff - MMA fans love grappling, they don't like stalling... Phone Post

I agree with this. Phone Post

One fans opinion of stalling is another's resting from exertion for a bit before continuing.\

Every time Kim stopped after moving a up a position there was non stop crying. He went for an arm triangle he almost landed and rained down elbows and punches throughout the third.

In the first sure he was a little inactive 2/3 is better than  what Guida does, which everyone can agree IS ONLY STALLING.

The just bleeders get everyone riled up the minute the fight hits the ground.

Stalling in guard is not grappling in my opinion.

The guard is a neutral position and I think there should be a responsibility for the fighter in guard to advance the position and take risk. 

MdGeist - 
IKossedLawlersSalad - 
2buff - 

He's stalling in mount with his arms around his head squeezing!

-ug

FinestScotch - 
ChaosOverkill - 

-ug

Grappling is never boring!

-faggots

Yeah I don't think I called grappling always exciting, I pointed to Clay Guida earlier, but you can read stuff that isn't there if you want and assume I said always.

Signed.

FinestScotch - 
ChaosOverkill - 
FinestScotch - 
ChaosOverkill - 

-ug

Grappling is never boring!

-faggots

Yeah I don't think I called grappling always exciting, I pointed to Clay Guida earlier, but you can read stuff that isn't there if you want and assume I said always.

OP is regarding Lombard and Okami. You said what you said. That's a stand alone statement in regard to the theme of the OP, which was boring grappling. But you can deny saying what you said and assume you didn't imply anything.

yawn, I said nothing about always in no shape or form. I read the topic and didn't care which fight it was about I chose the Kim fight.

If I need to be your bad guy to validate, "Grappling sucks" or whatever so be it.

"Are you talking about grappling with the intent to finish, or position with the intent to win?"

"MMA fans love grappling, they don't like stalling..."

"It's simple.Getting on top to avoid 'fighting' is boring.
High level grappling is awesome. Very different things. I don't hear people complain much about a high level, action packed grappling match."

"i love submissions and dudes raining elbows from the side or punches from the mount.

what i don't love is somebody sitting in guard and not even trying to pass because they "won the round with the takedown"

- The trouble is most fans think the subs can all happen like that when it hits the ground. With standups, grease, booing fans, the fear of getting cut, etc, subs take time to cook. Ever watch a BJJ match between 2 of the best in the world? Shit dont happen right away.

Yall (fans in general) are just too impatient, unrealistic and want to be entertained a bit too much too quickly. Like Rogan said in his latest podcast, guys like Fitch are a "reality" in this sport. Its almost a judo comp like mentality to the ground, nothing happens quickly, people boo and sling the ol LnP letters around.

The rounds are already only 5 min and there are standups AND often the guys on the bottom that want to stand back up are ALSO stalling waiting for a ref intervention. Shit is stacked against grapplers in modern MMA.

High level grappling exchanges are far from boring. Look at Diego vs Diaz. That was a very exciting fight that took place mostly on the ground.

High level top position wrestling fights without position advancement are terrible. Guida vs Pettis.

I find chaels fights super exciting just because he may get subbed at any second. Phone Post

You cannot expect Diego/Diaz in every grappling exchange though, that is the equivalent of Wand/Stann, that is the grappling equivalent of trading. Of course its awesome but they aint gonna happen all the time nor should it be expected all the time, just like grand slams dont happen all the time, just like hail run back kick off returns dont happen all the time, etc.....the expectations for action and entertainment are just too high.