Anyone else turn against AO during the fight?

Leading up to UFC 156 all i wanted to do was see AO kick some ass. I would talk about him everyday! I was really hoping he was gonna fight like he did against brock and cover up and land liver shots. But as soon as the first round started and he acted like some hands down anderson silva cocky wanna be. all i wanted to see was him get KOed.

Did anyone else think the same thing. Or another fighter that has fought like that, and immediately turned on him? That also happened for me in the Guida/Maynard fight Phone Post

I like to see confidence like that. Not only is it impressive if they succeed but it makes them getting knocked out 10x better too Phone Post

No. I always support my favorite fighters, win or lose, their human after all, they have their bad and good days like the rest of us.

elysian - No. I always support my favorite fighters, win or lose, their human after all, they have their bad and good days like the rest of us.

I dont mean if they have a bad performance i mean if they act like a dick. Like overeem did or how anderson did against maia. I just lose respect for them Phone Post

Krookedkemp - 
elysian - No. I always support my favorite fighters, win or lose, their human after all, they have their bad and good days like the rest of us.

I dont mean if they have a bad performance i mean if they act like a dick. Like overeem did or how anderson did against maia. I just lose respect for them Phone Post

I liked how he acts, he has that original style and charisma, character that you won't ever forget. He is not blend, dull and flat.

But, I may be biased since his one of my favorite fighters.

I never liked Anderson and don't watch his matches, so I can't comment on that.

I like both fighters.

I expected Overeem to win but was really happy for Bigfoot.

Like Rodney Dangerfield, he gets no respect. Phone Post

No. I've always been a fan and I will continue to be a fan. Phone Post

garrote - No. I've always been a fan and I will continue to be a fan. Phone Post

A fan of overeem or a fan of fighters who act like assholes in the ring? Phone Post

elysian - 
Krookedkemp - 

I liked how he acts, he has that original style and charisma, character that you won't ever forget. He is not blend, dull and flat.

But, I may be biased since his one of my favorite fighters.

I never liked Anderson and don't watch his matches, so I can't comment on that.

You haven't seen the GOAT fight?!?!

Unless you just started following MMA the same day you joined the forum there is no excuse for that.  Fedor and AS fights are required viewing for MMA fans.

I have every Fedor fight, I don't care for Anderson, he is not a Heavyweight.

I think you meant to ask "is anyone else a fair weather fan of Overeems?"

Keep it simple.

I'm still a fan of the Reem but I thought his demeanor and inactiveness was a complete turnoff.

I felt similar during Anderson's but regained my fandom later on.

I didn't realize til half way through the second round that Bigfoot was really utilizing a gameplan. Cover up, stay safe, let AO get it out of his system (which was nothing), then attack. The minute I realized it I really wanted Bigffot to win. I bought into the hype. I really thought AO was gonna trounce him. Afterward I didn't understand all the "K-1 level striking" shit.

I was rooting for reem because I wanted to see him fight Cain. But by the end of it when he got ko'd i really wasn't all that disappointed. Phone Post

One does not simply imitate Anderson Silva, unless, of course,horses have been sacrificed.

Yes, I was there live and expecting an early finish by reem. I had $10 on Bigfoot just because he was such a heavy underdog. Phone Post

I literally laughed when Silva ko'ed reem Phone Post