Anyone else watching "The Crown" on Netflix?

This is another Netflix series that my wife started watching while I was websurfing on the couch and got drawn in. They just released the second season. Really fascinating, especially if you are interested in mid-20th cent history and politics. Really good cast, really well written. Princess Margaret was quite the tramp, as well.

Yeh needed something light after Mindhunter. Gave it an episode and was hooked. Interesting and good to read Wikipedia online after each episode.

Yep. 

I made a thread asking about the crown months ago...
It got like, 9 replies...

Love that show.. Phillip is a diiiiiick

Love this show.

in love with the queen (Claire Foy) and princess Margaret. Wood smash both.

Philip is a diiiiiiiiiiiiiick

It’s beautifully filmed and I love the attention to detail.  Lithgow is surprisingly good as Winston Churchill.  

For what is essentially a soap opera where not a lot actually happens, it’s really compelling.   

My favorite of the netflix originals. Great characters, acting, and a very intricate and complex plot. Surprised you dont hear more about it. Just started the second season recently.

ABCTT_Disco Dracula - I made a thread asking about the crown months ago...

I made one a couple weeks ago and got 18 replies... Maybe this will be the thread.

It's also the most expensive TV show every made.   $130 million.   And I can't imagine they are getting their money's worth.  It has to be a fraction of what GOT is doing.

amadeus -

I made one a couple weeks ago and got 18 replies... Maybe this will be the thread.

Fingers crossed....

Top show and the Queen's a good sort.

Didnt think Lithgow could carry a Churchill but he did it.

ABCTT_Disco Dracula -
amadeus -

Fingers crossed....

No one likes you two.

This thread is gonna be huge!

Recap of every Crown episode ever:

Queen: I’m going to do something

Government dude: you really shouldn’t 

Queen: Why?

GD: Because tradition!

Queen: well I’m going to!

GD: Whatever you wish, you’re the Queen

Queen: I’ve changed my mind, I’ll do nothing

Phillip: I’m going drinking at the men’s club

Tune in next week where the Queen tries to choose a floral arrangement of orchids but gives in to government advice to go with roses.

Here's what I said about the show in my thread...

I started watching it on a bored whim and was immediately hooked. I couldn't really tell you why either. I'm not British and I have no interest in either Queen Elizabeth or the royal family. Still I find the show fascinating. And without knowing anything about her life and understanding that the show provides a biased portrayal, I have to admit that it's hard not to admire the old lady... Here's a woman that, by the shows potrayal, would probably have preferred not to ever have been queen, but who feels such an obligation and reponsibility to her people and country that she can't do anything but pick up the crown. It's hard not to respect that... And her husband comes off like a true OG'er.

Lol, seriously? Ok

this is a womens show lol. what are you sissies? my mother and her girlfriends watch this show. not real men. 

what is next you make a tread about gilmoire girls?

also mindhunters on netflix was a fucking terrible show. how that show got such a high ratings is beyond me. actually that is the only mystery in the whole series, how the fuck does it get such a high rating.

redeye2000 -

this is a womens show lol. what are you sissies? my mother and her girlfriends watch this show. not real men. 

what is next you make a tread about gilmoire girls?

also mindhunters on netflix was a fucking terrible show. how that show got such a high ratings is beyond me. actually that is the only mystery in the whole series, how the fuck does it get such a high rating.

Well...

1) I'm a history nerd so I tend to give almost anything a chance that has a historical bent to it.

2) Between Conan, The Godfather trilogy, Red Dawn, Rambo, Predator, Gladiator, and pretty much any other OG approved movie you can name, I think my masculinity is firmly intact if I want to watch this series.

What I've learned from watching The Crown is that the Queen is a boring but dedicated public servant, Prince Philip is a shitty husband and an all-around jackass, Princess Margaret is a vapid self-centered cunt, and Prince Charles is softer than baby shit.

Steve4192 - What I've learned from watching The Crown is that the Queen is a boring but dedicated public servant, Prince Philip is a shitty husband and an all-around jackass, Princess Margaret is a vapid self-centered cunt, and Prince Charles is softer than baby shit.

I’ll allow it. That’s pretty accurate.

i am British but have thoroughly enjoyed watching it. 

Charles is a pathetic weasel cunt who was BFF with notorious mass pedo rapist Jimmy Saville.