Anyone ever been on a Primitive Road???

http://www.co.yuma.az.us/departments-and-services/public-works/primitive-roads

They are very damn interesting! This summer, I was driving this girl to Lake Pleasant, Arizona. The Google directions got us lost and we wound up on a Primitive Road. Wow. Talking about going back in time. There were no cars, people, or noises in the middle of the afternoon on this road until we got off it about an hour and fifteen minutes later. The road was rocky to the point where you could not go over 8 miles per hour or else the car's muffler would have fell off (or worse). Since no one's on the road, you're screwed if you car breaks down. Emergency vehicles do NOT travel on Primitive Roads, so drivers driver at their own risk. I literally felt like I was living in ancient times, was nervous about my car failing me, and the whole thing freaked me out.

Anyone else ever been on a Primitive Road and have any experiences you would like to share?

You blue bro. No clickable link? No pics? Phone Post 3.0

BJTT_Pella - You blue bro. No clickable link? No pics? Phone Post 3.0

I suck at the Internet, lol. I always just copy, cut, and paste... I put the link before I typed anything...

Lived in them until I graduated high school. Shitty roads SUCK.

Phone Post 3.0

That's kinda how that Asian Google bro got lost and died on a logging road where no one went. Maybe not the same as a primitive road but they were locked in there in winter with 2 kids and they were rescued but he died trying to go for help. Crazy and dad story

I guess in trying to say you're lucky you didn't died, glad to have you around op Phone Post 3.0

lets get dangerous - Went up to payson a few weeks back and up rim road and took some side road that had nothing. .... for ever it seemed lol out to one of the lakes to camp. I don't think there was anyone for miles around. I shot a rabbit and ate it it was awesome Phone Post 3.0

Your life is more adventurous than mine... Glad to see you're in this glorious state... Love November through May, you know? Thanks for sharing...

Sennin - Lived in them until I graduated high school. Shitty roads SUCK.

Phone Post 3.0

Wow... Very neat looking road... Glad you got out of living on a primitive road though...

kkmmnn - That's kinda how that Asian Google bro got lost and died on a logging road where no one went. Maybe not the same as a primitive road but they were locked in there in winter with 2 kids and they were rescued but he died trying to go for help. Crazy and dad story

I guess in trying to say you're lucky you didn't died, glad to have you around op Phone Post 3.0

Thanks... Glad to be sharing my Friday night and Saturday morning chatting on an MMA website with you too

lets get dangerous - 
SgtJustinTeplitz -
lets get dangerous - Went up to payson a few weeks back and up rim road and took some side road that had nothing. .... for ever it seemed lol out to one of the lakes to camp. I don't think there was anyone for miles around. I shot a rabbit and ate it it was awesome Phone Post 3.0

Your life is more adventurous than mine... Glad to see you're in this glorious state... Love November through May, you know? Thanks for sharing...
Lol its fucking cold out here now! I like the az summer hahaha best place in the world as far as I'm concerned and I'm from Hawaii but love this place to death. Beautiful women, food, gun laws, people and wilderness

The road we were on seemed at times like it wasn't even a road and we were just offroading a mountainess terrain. My buddy said we were getting Arizona pinstripes on our cars lol Phone Post 3.0

Very cool... Yes, Payson is very awesome... Love this state.

SgtJustinTeplitz -
Sennin - Lived in them until I graduated high school. Shitty roads SUCK.

Phone Post 3.0

Wow... Very neat looking road... Glad you got out of living on a primitive road though...
It is beautiful, but shitty at the same time. The year before I moved, a chick was run over, raped, beaten with a tire iron and left to die about a quarter mile from my house. Took the ambulance over two hours to get there because they didn't want to drive down the road. She didn't make it. Phone Post 3.0

I imagine you need a high clearance 4x4 vehicle to go on these roads, right? Would an F150 4x4 suffice? I just moved here and want to start spending some time outdoors.