Anyone ever been put on a 'submission ban' ???

My coach has put me on a 4 week triangle ban.
Truth be told i do use them wayyyy too much and the last time I got a ban my transition to and finish of my RNC got better, but the way my mind works I'm always looking for it and struggle to move to other subs :-(

Anyone had this before? Phone Post 3.0

NoGi bear - My coach has put me on a 4 week triangle ban.
Truth be told i do use them wayyyy too much and the last time I got a ban my transition to and finish of my RNC got better, but the way my mind works I'm always looking for it and struggle to move to other subs :-(

Anyone had this before? Phone Post 3.0
Self-imposed, yes. No kimura (finishes, anyway). Phone Post 3.0

Did your game improve because of it? Phone Post 3.0

I like the approach where you lock in on a single sub and work for only that in a given session. Next session, try something else. It's easy to get locked into certain habits. Plus, you find transitions to other subs when you focus only on them. I'd ban you from triangles, too.

Although, in your case, it's probably due to you being so creepy and getting so many complaints from training partners.

zedlepln -

I like the approach where you lock in on a single sub and work for only that in a given session. Next session, try something else. It's easy to get locked into certain habits. Plus, you find transitions to other subs when you focus only on them. I'd ban you from triangles, too.

Although, in your case, it's probably due to you being so creepy and getting so many complaints from training partners.

Haha, yeah I'm the gyms creepy ginger :-) Phone Post 3.0

do you only use triangles on the ladies while you are erect? that might be why... Phone Post

NoGi bear - 
zedlepln -

In all seriousness, you should try to break as many "patterns" in your rolling habits that you can. Another common habit comes from using the same side for techniques. Do you always work the same side on the triangle? A lot of folks don't even realise they have these tendancies.

That's actually a great idea.

zedlepln -
NoGi bear - 
zedlepln -

In all seriousness, you should try to break as many "patterns" in your rolling habits that you can. Another common habit comes from using the same side for techniques. Do you always work the same side on the triangle? A lot of folks don't even realise they have these tendancies.

I do have a favourite side, yeah. But I'm pretty strong from both sides! Was in a grappling comp on Saturday and finished the semi and the final with a triangle from either side. Phone Post 3.0

Yes, but we all had them... as in no subs at all... just rolling for position and control

NoGi was previously banned from oilchecking

On skilled guys I try to hit any submission, but everyone else I may just work on a specific sweep or submission I suck at.  

I was put on a no closed guard ban unless it was high guard. It really taughy me to move my hips and butt scoot Phone Post

NoGi bear - Did your game improve because of it? Phone Post 3.0
I think so. I ended up working a lot more on finishing the normal straight armbar, which I didn't realize I was physically so weak at. I hadn't been putting myself in any positions that required me to squeeze my legs together that tightly. Phone Post 3.0

wait im trashed. Yea no toe holds

mcq - Yes, but we all had them... as in no subs at all... just rolling for position and control
This. My instructor has also put me on a no guard ban or a no submissions from my back ban before in order to make me work my top game more which truth be told made my game better and more complete. Phone Post 3.0

Great replies :-) keep em coming Phone Post 3.0