Anyone ever had cluster headaches?

Any tips to make the fuckers go away.

Cheers. Phone Post 3.0

Phone Post 3.0

Yes. Long story very short, a very mild medicine Cyproheptadine helped tremendously. Visit your doctor and nuerosurgoen. I typed a long reply a few years ago, but at work now. Try searching google with this sites name plus cluster or suicide headache. Best of luck.

LSD works...

I watched a TV show about them and they followed several people who had them. The only thing that gave them relief was mushrooms.

They would take shrooms when they felt them coming on and it would stop them.

Totally serious. It sucked that they were having to break the law in order to feel better. Phone Post 3.0

BadDog - I watched a TV show about them and they followed several people who had them. The only thing that gave them relief was mushrooms.

They would take shrooms when they felt them coming on and it would stop them.

Totally serious. It sucked that they were having to break the law in order to feel better. Phone Post 3.0
Came here to say this. Phone Post 3.0

Yeah, I saw the TV show with the old dude in Texas who had cluster headaches he treated with psylocibin mushrooms. He had to trip every couple of months or so to control them.

This guy really hated doing the mushrooms. He did not enjoy the trip at all. But, he grew and consumed as the only successful treatment he could find. He tried to wait as long as possible between doses.

I used to get them in my teens to early 20's, they were brutal. It would feel like someone was squeezing my eyeball out of my head. I would basically get them everyday and would wish for death or sit in a silent fit of rage. Really not fun. Eventually, I just sort of developed a tolerance to the pain, wouldn't try to escape it, just sort of focused on it and realized it wasn't going to get much worse and that it wasn't going to kill me. I would just go about my day with a bright red and tearing eyeball.

Honestly, I am not sure how they ended up going away. Might have been remedied during my pot smoking years. But I am relieved that I no longer deal with them.

I saw a documentary about people who got them.... One dude would take shrooms and they would go away for about 3 months. He always had a bad trip but would do it anyway cuz the headaches were worse. Phone Post 3.0

Magic mushrooms. Phone Post 3.0

Yes, when I was a heavy smoker. I stopped smoking and they went away. Phone Post 3.0

I get them and migraines with aura occasionally. Fucking sucks. The Aura Migraines I at least feel coming and know to get the fuck out of dodge when I get the feeling. It's typically a sense of doom and mild hallucination (spinning lights like a kaleidoscope) and jitters. Had a cluster headache 2 days ago, no idea what brought it on. Eye had been tearing up on left side for a few hours before then it floored me. Just sat in the dark with a ice pack on my eye, some pain relievers and Excedrin Migraine waiting for it to end. The Aura Migraines I get very rarely, maybe once a year at most. Last time was in the middle of a meeting with a client and I told my partner I had to leave. I made it to the parking lot when it hit I just crashed in my car for a few hours until I could see straight and function and drove home. Sumatriptan doesn't work for me. If it's bad enough, I have to go to the hospital and they give me Demerol injections.

I have had them for 25 years. Oxygen helps. Drink lots of water. When I am stuck in a cycle a shot of DHE helps. Hospitals have that in limited dosages so you really have to push for it.

I am also on 300mg twice a day which seems to help. You can always go the illegal way and buy some morning glory seeds and make a tea. I have never done it and wouldn't recommend it.

Sorry man the suck Phone Post 3.0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCSyikUiXm8

This is a video showing a cluster headache.

It is the worst pain you can feel.  It litterly is more painful than anything else in the world including amputation and child birth.

If it is a cluster headache, then oxygen will help. Is there an urgent care center close by that you could go to? Or your doctor's office? Phone Post 3.0

Thanks guys it actually helps knowing other people have them as I've never met anyone who has them.

I'll look into everything people have wrote, I'm willing to try anything.

Thanks again. Phone Post 3.0

I've been to the docs today and asked about oxygen and got laughed at, really fucking pisses me off as I've done the research and oxygen is a recommended treatment.

Been given pizotifen, to take once per night really fucking hope it works.

They also gave amytriptaline but I'm hesitant as they are an anti depressant and I didn't want to go that route. Phone Post 3.0