Anyone ever lived in Thailand?

Looking to move to Thailand in October time for 3 month or so. I'm currently in Cyprus moved over from England to work and looking at going to Thailand when the season ends.

A couple of questions for the people who have been..

How much did you take money wise?

Where abouts did you stay and the cost?

Also will be looking to do a 3 months subscription at Tiger Muay Thai..

Advice and information would be much appreciated! Phone Post 3.0

Nope I've trained in the past but not been consistent I want to go there and get some knowledge and get my combat skills better!

I'll take around 3k for 3 months and get a job when I get there... is there a lot of work going for people who speak English? Phone Post 3.0

What's the going rate for a cheeky bit of ladyboy action?

For research purposes only. Phone Post 3.0

I've been looking at it too. You'll be in Phuket with Tiger if I'm not mistaken, not sure if they are in BKK too. Had a mate go there for a few months and he was telling me:

1. There are a few options for training with Tiger being the most well known.

2. If you stay in the accommodation in the gym it's pretty cheap. They also hook you up with health shakes (chia etc) for a small extra cost and considering the heat and humidity it's good to get them to worry about your hydration.

3. Your budget will depend on how much drinking, eating and shagging you plan on doing. If you're serious about training and want to eat clean, stay off the sauce and don't hire too many dirty girls you can do the whole thing fairly cheap*

*Apparently there's a shitload of good guys training there so good luck avoiding the party scene.

4. He did it as a weight loss trip. Dropped about 40kg (~90lbs) in three months. He was quite a chunky monkey to begin with tho. Phone Post 3.0

I'm not actually too sure where I am staying yet, want to stay in a big city with lots of English speaking tourists and just general fun that's near phuket.. as I want to train at tiger! October I will be going.

Cheers guys Phone Post 3.0

ThunderFromDownUnder - I've been looking at it too. You'll be in Phuket with Tiger if I'm not mistaken, not sure if they are in BKK too. Had a mate go there for a few months and he was telling me:

2. If you stay in the accommodation in the gym it's pretty cheap. They also hook you up with health shakes (chia etc) for a small extra cost and considering the heat and humidity it's good to get them to worry about your hydration.

3. Your budget will depend on how much drinking, eating and shagging you plan on doing. If you're serious about training and want to eat clean, stay off the sauce and don't hire too many dirty girls you can do the whole thing fairly cheap*

*Apparently there's a shitload of good guys training there so good luck avoiding the party scene.

4. He did it as a weight loss trip. Dropped about 40kg (~90lbs) in three months. He was quite a chunky monkey to begin with tho. Phone Post 3.0
Thank you for that appreciated. I'll have a look on the prices to stay with tiger! Phone Post 3.0

JakeThaGr8 - Any other job opportunities? I saw it was $700 to get over on air China Phone Post 3.0
Download rome2rio app honestly it's crazy.

Usually over £1000 for a flight from England, on there around £200. Phone Post 3.0

tommyNOfilter - 
SmilingSage - I'm not actually too sure where I am staying yet, want to stay in a big city with lots of English speaking tourists and just general fun that's near phuket.. as I want to train at tiger! October I will be going.

Cheers guys Phone Post 3.0
You'll have more than enough English speaking tourists and fun things to do in Phuket. Just find accommodations close to the gym so your training doesn't suffer . I never stayed at tiger's accommodations so I can't speak of the quality. Is venture to say you'll maybe want more privacy than that would provide Phone Post 3.0

How did you find a place to stay? Any good websites to check out?

What did the $200 per month room include?

ThunderFromDownUnder - I've been looking at it too. You'll be in Phuket with Tiger if I'm not mistaken, not sure if they are in BKK too. Had a mate go there for a few months and he was telling me:

I went to tiger last year and did 6 weeks. Staying on site is not cheaper and honestly the meal plan is super bare. Combined with the fact that it only allows you 2 meals a day (shakes count as a meal) and your gonna be training so you'll need more food than that. Ill be going back in 2017 and heres a few things ill be doing different.

1. Go to AKA Phuket. Tiger is great, if its your first trip to thailand staying there is a good way to get a touristy feel for the area while still having some form of mental security. Complaints are the meal plan and a few other things. MMA/wrestling/bjj indoor area was almost umbearably hot, No pool (itll matter after a week when your dying of heat stroke), cabins are fairly bare, which is whatever if your going there to train and be a badass you probably dont care. Internet and power went down for 4 days during my stay. That's probably not super common though.

2. I would stay at one of the Villas down the road. My old man met up with me in the last 2 weeks. His villa was amazing and not that much more than tiger. Another friend I made had a smaller Villa that was actually cheaper and had a kitchenette. Also for some reason they have a cleaning crew power wash and vacuum at 3 AM every 2 days while i was there lol.

3. Tiger is very much a tourist place. Which is fine but you dont expect to be immersed in thai culture unless you seek it out.

If you have any specific question man hit me up. Despite what I've written above that six weeks was an amazing time in my life. Its just now as I plan my next trip that I have all these ideas to streamline and reduce the costs.

Before I clicked post I Googled TMT. Apparently they are under new management and have all new facilities so alot of what I wrote may not apply. Phone Post 3.0

i have lived here for 12 years.......I am gonna need more details, it all depends how you want to live and what you want to do.  You can spend 3k on a 1 bedroom apartment in bangkok if you want or live thai style for 150 bucks, its like saying I am going to NYC to live how much do i bring......give me some context and i will be happy to help, do you want to travel? how well do you want to live? party? stuff like this.....

My wife and her brother spend 6 weeks at Sinbi in Phuket. They loved it.

Just another option.