Anyone ever travel to other countries alone?

I am contemplating going somewhere warm this winter. I dont have anyone to go with so It would be just me.

Every time I get half way serious about doing it I envision my self in a country trying to stay busy by my self so I dont book anything.

So who has experience traveling to other countries alone?

Hope to have a dad that has some serious connections and hardcore ninja skills to come save your ass once you get taken. Phone Post 3.0

I have travelled plenty of places on my own. Vegas, Hawaii, Mexico. Not anywhere too crazy but I found it to be very enjoyable and a great way to meet different people.

I also travelled all over Australia on my own with work.

South America, Europe and Asia. If you're 18-30 you'll have a good time, you meet people everywhere if you stay in hostels. Phone Post 3.0

rbl - South America, Europe and Asia. If you're 18-30 you'll have a good time, you meet people everywhere if you stay in hostels. Phone Post 3.0

I am thinking South America.. Belize maybe.

I am 40 so will it suck

Yep.  Aruba.  Best vacation of my entire life.

Yes. Phone Post 3.0

angryinch - 

Yep.  Aruba.  Best vacation of my entire life.

Can you elaborate on that?

I would love to go to an all inclusive resort completely alone. Drink, smoke cigars, read, beat off. Not worry about a damn thing. Phone Post 3.0

Amsterdam, London, Paris, Cairo.

While they were all cool places I found not having someone with me to share the exp made it less enjoyable.

Now if you are just planning to go veg out on a beach somewhere then enjoy.

ORIGINAL01ER -
rbl - South America, Europe and Asia. If you're 18-30 you'll have a good time, you meet people everywhere if you stay in hostels. Phone Post 3.0

I am thinking South America.. Belize maybe.

I am 40 so will it suck
It's really up to you, you just won't have the instant peer group everywhere you go. I'm older now and I definitely plan to travel again whether I'm with someone or not. I spent a week in Thailand by myself not long ago and I had a good time actually. You can do exactly what you want which is pretty nice. Phone Post 3.0

I'm 20 and would also like to know, I'd want to travel asia a lot, would this be expensive or no? I live in canada now for comparison
the main reason I would like asia is becuase I've always wanted to live in a monk monestary for a week or two and would also like to learn from (get my ass kicked) by true muay thai fighters in thailand Phone Post 3.0

I traveled to Greece to compete by myself and enjoyed it. I also went to Russia by myself. I don't mind going with someone or going by myself. I always have fun.

jmont - I'm 20 and would also like to know, I'd want to travel asia a lot, would this be expensive or no? I live in canada now for comparison
the main reason I would like asia is becuase I've always wanted to live in a monk monestary for a week or two and would also like to learn from (get my ass kicked) by true muay thai fighters in thailand Phone Post 3.0
It depends a lot on where you go. There's a huge price difference between say Cambodia and Japan. Muay Thai gyms that deal with foreigners often charge more because they have to get people speaking English and deal with our bullshit. You can get prices online for that. Life somewhere like Koh Samui will cost you way more than say rural Isaan though, so bear that in mind. Phone Post 3.0