Anyone exercise with a sandbag?

I caught a demo on Youtube and ended up buying one.  Filled with around 60 lbs of pea gravel and incorporated into my circuits.  Holy shit, I love it!  Just enough of a load to wear me out and good functional exercise to boot.  Anyone else try them and what do you think?

Gravel probably solves the problems with sand leakage that my friends experienced.

I play with boobies. They're like bags of sand.

Oh man, sandbags for working out was big like 10-15 years ago. I remember that.

I use sand or water jugs on my pack frame prior to hunting season but it's been a decade since I ran around with one in a gym.

sandbags are great for a ton of stuff. very versatile

Yeah, I don't even know if you can call it exercising anymore. Guy just walks around socializing the whole time.

Yes. I go to a Marine Boot Camp workout.

I used to after I bought Wiggy's book like 15 years ago. Great workouts. 

My gym has a lot of them and nobody ever uses them. I use them for shouldering, pressing. squatting, step ups. 

There's an Arab guy at my gym. A racist guy once called him a sand nigger.

Funny you mention this, a guy at the fire house just bought two of the brute force bags.  Can't wait to use it

Off topic, thoughts on airdyne bikes?

Bad Moon Rising - Oh man, sandbags for working out was big like 10-15 years ago. I remember that.

Yeah, it was the big thing especially here on the S&C forum during that time. I forget the specific dude who was big into it, but I am sure I have one of his ridiculous sandbag workouts saved on an old harddrive somewhere.

Sandbags are my favorite tool for developing strength for grappling.  I saw way more transfer of strength to grappling from training with sandbags than free weights.  

I use one of my old army duffel bags and put 10 lbs of playground sand in 20 industrial strength garbage bags, so I could adjust the weight for progressive overload.

My favorite exercises:

Cleans

Zercher Squats

Zercher Lunges

Bear Hug Hold Walks 

Turkish Get Ups

Bent Over Rows

Shouldering

Shouldering and then Squat

I would warm up with some push-ups and pull-ups.  I would also throw in some heavy Kettlebell swings and sledgehammer swings

FetusofFury -
Bad Moon Rising - Oh man, sandbags for working out was big like 10-15 years ago. I remember that.

Yeah, it was the big thing especially here on the S&C forum during that time. I forget the specific dude who was big into it, but I am sure I have one of his ridiculous sandbag workouts saved on an old harddrive somewhere.
Yeah it was big everywhere. S&C forum here, Ross Enamait, Ironmind, any "conditioning for grappling" kind of stuff was advocating sandbags, any functional strength stuff was as well. It was big

No, but sometime a Tea Bag when I’m benching. 

I work construction, if you think Im paying money to get a fucking sand bag to work out with, youre nuts

Lifting heavy akward shit gets old when you do it for a living 

I put 45 pounds of cat litter inside a few garbage bags then put that in an army duffel bag. Threw that shit around back in the day

I made one for my ghetto home gym.  A couple 50# bags of quickrete sand, contractor trash bags, duck tape and a canvas laundry bag.  Love it and need to make a couple more.

Apparently, I am way behind the times.  Back to my I love Lucy reruns I guess.