Anyone feel bad for Paige van Zandt?

Amanda Ribas and the UFC seem to have just taken everything from her.

Not only beat easily but beat by a cuter, charismatic fighter that everyone seems to love and who is getting all the attention.

Nope 

8 Likes

Not really, it's a win win situation. She'll make more money in other promotions, against easier competition, and her bosses won't be complete assholes to her.

3 Likes

Both have great personalities. Paige is more atrractive, but ribas scrubs up alright. 

Don't feel sorry, she has made bank. Shes living the dream. 

1 Like

No

listen, I like Paige. I like her. she's a great kid and I thought she was going to make the company a lot of money. she's been busy, she's been successful but none of the money came back to us. it hasn't moved our bottom line. so we are gonna have to think about things. things like cutting ties. I wish her all the best and hope she's successful in future, but it won't be anywhere near me, next question.

3 Likes

No 

Lol great thread. 

Out of the 7billion people on earth there are about 6.999999 billion more worthy of feeling sorry about. 

4 Likes
mindless optimism -

listen, I like Paige. I like her. she's a great kid and I thought she was going to make the company a lot of money. she's been busy, she's been successful but none of the money came back to us. it hasn't moved our bottom line. so we are gonna have to think about things. things like cutting ties. I wish her all the best and hope she's successful in future, but it won't be anywhere near me, next question.

Honest Dana hahaha!

I do feel bad for her. Talking about her here ts like she is the popular kid in a full of vengeful mean girls. The UG hates her guts.

But yeah everything will probalby well for everyone involved.

I think she gets some unjust hate.  People act like she doesn't belong without taking things into consideration. 

If she didn't belong, she would never have won a fight in the UFC, but that's not the case. 

I can't remember against who, but I recall a PVZ fight where it was an all out war, and at the end Paige was beat, bloodied, and bruised, but that little firecracker kept fighting throughout the fight, despite how momemtum wasn't on her side. 

Looks and her instagram is all secondary to me.  Can you fight?  Do you give up when the going gets bad?  She passes both test to me.  Not by any means am I suggesting she's a top level fighter, but I don't think the hate is justified from the mma fans. 

8 Likes
D241 -

I think she gets some unjust hate.  People act like she doesn't belong without taking things into consideration. 

If she didn't belong, she would never have won a fight in the UFC, but that's not the case. 

I can't remember against who, but I recall a PVZ fight where it was an all out war, and at the end Paige was beat, bloodied, and bruised, but that little firecracker kept fighting throughout the fight, despite how momemtum wasn't on her side. 

Looks and her instagram is all secondary to me.  Can you fight?  Do you give up when the going gets bad?  She passes both test to me.  Not by any means am I suggesting she's a top level fighter, but I don't think the hate is justified from the mma fans. 

That was vs Namajunas I think.

2 Likes

nope, shes terrible

She gave us that flying kick which was a nice highlight in a mostly unwatchable sector of MMA. 

I like PVC and wish her the best in free agency.

But I don’t feel bad for hot chicks who already have money and can make a shit load more by posting basic pics on Instagram.

A little. And UFC needs a few fun, good spirited hotties who can fight too!

Eh shes game, but she just doesnt have the gifts to be a top fighter.  It also doesn't help that she only fights once a year 

1 Like

I highly doubt she even trains like a pro mma fighter. Some of these fighters are putting in 2-3 workouts a day 6 days a week. Guaranteed she ain’t doing that.

Not at all

Not even a little bit 

Yes, FatBuddha!

I do feel bad for her, but I also realize PVZ has had DWTS lots of attention, sponsors and training opportunities.

Amanda hasn’t had same opportunities.

This is a good time for her to check herself.

It would be great to see her build herself back up.

The UFC knew what they were doing.

Ribas is a BEAST!