Anyone find noGi way better?

Interesting. I always found the tugging especially with you posturing isometrically to really mess me up. Ive never had any issues with scrambling at all

1 Like

Eddie Cummings says the greatest risk of injury comes from falling bodyweight.

3 Likes

The tugging and posture hasn’t really been a problem for me in the gi. Especially if you roll your pelvis forward to help maintain posture. Rickson shows this on YouTube somewhere, or Jack T shows it somewhere too.

I just think that NoGi is more prone to uncontrolled scrambling when the intensity is high. Whereas in the gi, I can just grab their uniform and slow everything down. The dynamics of high intensity scrambling makes it hard to make split second decisions. Which in turn can lead to someone going the wrong direction or inadvertently doing something incorrectly (tani otoshi for instance). <— that can be a problem in gi and nogi though, and goes back to the point above.

1 Like

Bracing doesn’t make joints strong or safe. Getting strong does. If anything it weakens them over time.

Also all the middle aged guys who start at 10p because of Rogan and bravo, yanking their legs around doing rubber guard and truck. Puts a ton Of strain on your knees if you don’t have the right mobility and arguably if you do as well.

1 Like

Tell that to my knees that don’t swell after class if I wear my Bauerfiends and every doc I’ve talked to about my knee problems. Besides, your comment makes no sense since we aren’t talking about S&C, where supports will inhibit proper body protecting strength progression and form. Supports absolutely protect you during your performance training. Talk to me in 20 years kid, we’ll see what you think then.

Or just keep doing you, good luck.

No one should ever start at a 10th Planet. At least not the ones I’ve been to.

Purple at a traditional school before 10th, imo, unless you want your foundation to be rolling kimuras on a seated opponent and reverse imanari rolls to 50/50 based inside heel hooks that is. Or even worse, nothing but their “warm ups.”

But as long as you have an actual foundation in the art, if you start doing shit your body can’t handle that’s on you.

But I do agree that starting out at a 10th and thinking you have to be able to do their shit will get a lot of guys hurt… even more if they don’t wear joint supports-Bauerfiend makes elbow supports too :slight_smile:

1 Like

I find it so cool that we do the same sport, yet have two totally different experiences from it

1 Like

How old do you think I am?

Not old enough to know you need good joint supports if you’re going to do this shit into your later years.

1 Like

How old are you?

+1

1 Like