Anyone following ADCC?

Izaak punched his ticket for -99, weighing in at only 84kgs.
Jeremy won 66, subbing everyone I believe
Adele Fornarino won her division too. I was surprised Livia Giles got tapped with a modified kneebar in the early rounds.
Bob Frias won 88kgs. Happy for him, he is such a nice guy.

1 Like

Isaak looked massively undersized in his match against Antone which was the only one I saw but did well getting a takedowns, back mount and full mount all in regulation time.seeing that he weighed in on the small side of making 88 makes it a even bigger achievement.

1 Like

Antone looked really good against Izaak. The ko soto Izaak hit on him was really pretty

Also I just watched the post-tournament interview with Izaak. Sounds like him and Craig might switch, Craig do 99 and him do 88. I didn’t know you could do that but it sounds better for both of them

Yeah I thought it was a really good match and Isaak looked like the size was getting to him with the wrestling exchanges but once he got the first back take it was always going to be hard to get those points back.

That would make sense actually for both of them. It’s possible to switch and there is a precedent as Mason Fowler won at -99 and is competing at 88. Giving up the best part of 12-15kg (26.5 - 33lb) against the best in the world is always going to be tough

1 Like

99 has some murders: Lovato Jr, Kaynan, Yuri, Meregali, Vinny

2 Likes

Craig vs Vinny the rematch would be awesome

1 Like

Correct. They are switching divisions.

1 Like

Oh well. He’s never medaled at anything major, at black belt, except for when he took third in ADCC when he was eliminated before the semi-finals, but then was placed in the semi-finals as a replacement for an injured semi-finalist, and then competed against yet another replacement due to injury, and beat that guy. He got 3rd at a tournament where he got eliminated before the semi-finals and faced another guy who was eliminated before the semi-finals, in a bronze medal match.

Got to train with them both last night. Jeremy’s teammate injured his knee in the finals so he was just drilling, but I got to roll with Jozef. Let’s just say I wanted to hand my black belt in after our roll. He subbed me twice, positionally dominating me for most of the roll, barely getting out of second gear.

1 Like

I got to train with Josef a few months ago. Kid is amazing.

Best knee lever/John Wayne sweep I’ve ever felt.

1 Like

Nice. I will ask him to show me it tonight. It is a sweep I like since seeing Paul Schreiner do it, but one I have had limited success with.

1 Like

He a half guard guy?

1 Like

Sort of. He’s pretty well rounded.

His leg locks are good. He was working on his wrestling a lot before trials

All those guys that train at B team are so goddamn good.

2 Likes

I mean you figure being at B-Team with Craig you have to have a decent half

1 Like

If that’s the case why aren’t they the “A” team, bucko?

2 Likes

Anyone caught up with the first season of Who’s Next?

1 Like

I am one episode behind. Im very anti-flograppling, but if they have shows like this, plus the lead up to ADCC, I may have to sub. It sucks that you have to pay for an entire year.

I haven’t tried it but someone on here or reddit said you can sign up to one of the other Flo sites on a monthly basis and this gives you access to the other Flo sites.