Anyone following ADCC?

Pena is shitting his pants.

1 Like

Some of us have been saying this for years now.

Gordon is being actively ducked by pretty much all of the high level guys. Heā€™s the #1 guy, and no one wants to face him. For years heā€™s had to beg guys to challenge him.

1 Like

The note in the envelope was ā€œshould I smother choke PeƱa tooā€

At some point during the match Gordon looked over at Kendall Reusing who was on commentary and told her she only made it worse for Pedro because she picked him to win over Gordon

Anyone who picks Gordon to lose regardless of opponent is a fool or just isnā€™t paying attention.

1 Like

Thereā€™s no money in the sport to make risking their reputations worth it at this point. Gordon is the best at a very very niche sport with completely inconsistent rulesets and judging parameters and almost no fanbase outside of people who actively or have actively trained and competed. 90% of modern mma fans couldnā€™t give two shits about grappling let alone be able to watch a match and be able to understand whatā€™s going on.

Two guys having a 2 hour stallfest will never appeal to anyone. Sub only rules are ridiculous.

3 Likes

Sub-only is the best format. It forces people to actually engage and jiu jitsu. Marathon matches can happen, but itā€™s not the norm. You drown a lot faster if thereā€™s no hope.

Gordon excels at all of the rule sets. I donā€™t like ADCC rules. I prefer the old EBI rules.

1 Like

Sub only is trash, as is the ebi rule set. In reality FTW has the best most reasonable rules. What Kyle Chambers did last night was an embarrassment.

1 Like

Sub only is the best format imo.

Adcc is the best rules for something that has to be on a time schedule and we donā€™t care if people enjoy watching it.

Ebi is the best if we want people to enjoy watching it

2 Likes

Totally disagree. EBI is bullshit because you can stall the entire match but end up on someoneā€™s back in overtime that you couldnā€™t even imagine getting near in regulation. Total nonsense. Sub only is retarded because it rewards stalling for extended periods of time and promotes staying in inferior positions just to hopefully make the other guy tired of kicking your ass eventually. ADCC has weird takedown rules however slamming I agree with. FTW promotes action by both athletes and stallers will be penalized at the end with the judges decision. It isnā€™t perfect, but it is by far the best rule set.

5 Likes

Stalling is a problem in every rule set though. At least you are guaranteed to see dominant positions in ebi.

Ebi isnā€™t the best for finding out the best grappler, in theory. But also the best grapplers found a good way to sub everyone.

People stall IBJJF, ADCC, ect.

1 Like

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m saying. Itā€™s less likely in FTW and not rewarded like every other rule set. Iā€™m not interested in anything that rewards stalling and letā€™s the worse guy win.

1 Like

People stall FTW though too, unfortunately. Guys still try to get slightly ahead and then just make as little jujitsu happen as possible to get the decision.

I donā€™t know that thereā€™s a great way to fix stalling

He said that to her? Lol

1 Like

I have to disagree. Maybe sub only with a judge dec

Yeah you could see he was communicating with the desk and she referenced it. She was loyal to her team mate and Gordon hates that :rofl:

2 Likes

Lol. I mean whos gonna pick against Gordon?

1 Like

Or is a hater. People seem to really hate on the guy, but hes incredible. I hope he keeps winning. I love seeing the game change and lets face it, Gordon does a ton to help the sport grow

2 Likes

7 weeks away! Im getting pumped. Anyone think Nicky Rod upsets Gordon?

1 Like

Only Gordon randomly gets injured.

No but it will be an entertaining match if it happens.