1 Like

I would like to see win:
66 - Tonon
77 - Kade, Tackett or Nicky Ryan, but I think Mica will win
88 - Bodoni, but I’d like Tye or Xande to win
99 - Craig
+99 - Gordon, I also wouldn’t mind seeing NickyRod win for the drama
Superfight Gordon

For 66 Id also like to add Jeremy Skinner, kid is Aussie and has some slick leg attacks

Tonan doesn’t make the podium if he even wins a match. It’s 2022.

Tonon is still markedly better than a portion of the division in 2022. It will be interesting how the weight factors in.

The amount of people overlooking JT and Lepri for grapplers like the Tacketts (although very good) is astonishing.

3 Likes

Yeah I think Tackett isnt there just yet. But Mica and Nicky can be an issue for anyone at 77 imo

Totally agree. The sad thing is that the average grappling fan would probably bet their house that Taza, Ethan or any random DDS or 10th Planet competitor would run through Lepri or JT, primarily because they have no idea who they are. Those two are some of the last of a dying breed of grapplers that could do it all at the highest level.

I think people get excited about dynamic submissions and think “well this guy is a world beater” when it’s consistency, and well roundedness and pressure that win championships. Yeah JT and Lepri don’t have highlight reel flying submissions, but who are they really losing to? And I realize the irony of saying that with the final between Lepri and Davi years ago but being honest if they ran that back 10 times how many times would Davi win?

It’s kind of like gunslinger QBs being sexy in the NFL when it’s the defense that really wins championships usually…

2 Likes

Mica yes. Without a doubt. Some of the stuff he’s done this year has been unbelievable.

Nicky hasn’t shown he’s of a world champion caliber, aside from people talking about how good he’s at in the room.

I don’t watch grappling much. Has the sport passed Tonon by? He always seemed pretty good to me. John wouldn’t really allow one of his competitors to not stay on top of things. Didn’t Tonon medal in the last ADCC?

He got bronze, lost to JT in the semi’s

is there a link with the brackets out there somewhere?

I’m curious how B-team does without an actual coach.
I don’t know about setups with “player-coaches” driving the training.

1 Like

Does ADCC stream anywhere? I am sure it does and I am just a retard.

So why does act like he’s some relic. I understand him getting submitted by sideshow bob or his brother. When he got thrown to the mat on some bullshit takedown and awkwardly fell to his back I knew he was going to lose.

It’s hard to get in the frame of mine needed to compete in grappling after you are fighting mma. It’s such a step down. I don’t care who you are. Fighting makes you nervous. Grappling is hard to get excited for once you start fighting.

Flograppling. Which sucks

It definitely hasn’t passed him by. But, his focus has been MMA and it’s had the same effect on his Jiu Jitsu that’s it’s had on everyone that takes a break from competition.

3 Likes

Garry is also going down to a division where not only will everyone be as strong or stronger than him, they will also be non-trivially faster