Anyone good at reading blood work for TRT purposes?

Bro that’s not how it works now.

Step 1 is to decide you want TRT
Step 2 is to get tests done to prove you don’t have the test level of a 25yr old genetic freak Olympian.
Step 3 is to go on TRT

3 Likes

I got tired reading this and took a nap.

Lol you are better off waiting & trying to get your sleep & recovery right. Your test will go up & down & in the 600’s in your 40’s as last year showed is pretty good. You may open a can of worms going on unnecessarily.

1 Like

Absolutely.

I generally agree that one should tread lightly getting on trt however it isnt a death sentence or irreversible if you stop. You can be on for years and do PCT and go back to your “normal”.

Which I’ve done, but wouldn’t recommend. His normal is really too good. Any doc who prescribes to him at those levels is a quack.

2 Likes

Yeah but why at 650… and yes i know he isn’t ay 650 but if he had that level a year ago he should be able to get it back or close to it unless the things that changed it aren’t fixable but he hasn’t even tried to identify what caused the drop yet.

1 Like

Clomid can help. You wont know if you’re having pituitary or testicular problems if you inject. Clomid is a pill that makes the pitutary gland tell your nuts to make T. Nevermind your plums will become raisins if you’re getting your T from vial. It can kill your sperm count.

If Tommy is low, its because he’s been doing too much and not too little. He’s been a crossfit brick shithouse since he got here.

Nevermind, it’s a side effect from all those kipping pullups!

1 Like

Yeah, perscribing at 650 is insane. 400 with other issues I could see, but OPs SHBG and other bloods look ok. Im no expert though, I know just enough from what my dr told me. I was 300’s for 3 tests before I hopped on at 41. It has changed my life so I can see why others would want it.

OP do what you want but truth is you dont seem to “need” TRT, if you want to get after it in the sack and have the feeling of being young do what you want, just be smart and get regular blood work, more than the clinic asks for. At least every 12 weeks, IMO.

1 Like

Those are as true of a sign as a tramp stamp, but damnit I love them both! Yeah, I think I may just be running myself ragged

1 Like

Thanks for the info and to everyone that pitched in here. Going to take it all into consideration. I’ll still make my appointment next Friday s d let you all know what I decide to do.

3 Likes

Yeah I’m guessing you’re running on fumes with all of that in your 40’s. I know I had to cut back & have done much much better because of it. Add in a couple rest days from training during the week & try to get good sleep. Sounds like that may be tough to do though lol. Can’t be young forever.

3 Likes

Cheers dude, whatever you decide do it for you. Also if youre looking for an edge without a commitment look into peptides that clinics offer, theres tons of them so do lots of research but you might find a “reset” through some of them.

1 Like

Guy’s I’m dying!

I just turned 50, I’m only running a 3 hr marathon while hung over after surfing 16 hours the day before and drinking. I was at 2:40 just a year ago.

3 Likes

skating old man GIF

2 Likes

Clomid is a filthy mistress though. It’s really not suitable for long- term use or even intermediate use, though I know some doctors go that route because they don’t want to prescribe actual testosterone. Problem with Clomid is it’ll fuck you up ocularlly if you’re on it too long and the emotional side - effects are usually too unbearable for any man to deal with for more than the standard 4 - 6 week PCT.