Anyone got any experience of Open University??

Looking at Doing an open university course as I want to work towards a change in career just wondering if anyone has any experience of it. Is it likely to lead to a job are OU degrees viewed as being far inferior to other degrees?? Any advice appreciated! Phone Post 3.0

I've been studying with them since 2007 and nearly finished a bachelor of business.

Pros: totally flexible and can work full time while you study - as long as you submit stuff on time and turn up to the exam, the rest of time management is yours.

Cons: it's you and a text book mostly so you don't get as much interaction and discussion as on campus - you need to be self motivated. Phone Post 3.0

It depends on how quick you want to complete a degree and how much $$ you need to earn while you're studying. Phone Post 3.0

UGCTT_Abli83 - It depends on how quick you want to complete a degree and how much $$ you need to earn while you're studying. Phone Post 3.0
I want to complete it reasonably quickly
Because of my age 26. Money whilst completing it shouldn't b an issue as I've got a full time job an no kids ect. Phone Post 3.0

UGCTT_Abli83 - I've been studying with them since 2007 and nearly finished a bachelor of business.

Pros: totally flexible and can work full time while you study - as long as you submit stuff on time and turn up to the exam, the rest of time management is yours.

Cons: it's you and a text book mostly so you don't get as much interaction and discussion as on campus - you need to be self motivated. Phone Post 3.0
I left school with very few qualifications and went straight into working. What kind of experience qualifications did u have in order to take that type of course? What kind of Job do u have in mind when u graduate? Phone Post 3.0

I was interested in doing the OU until they put the fees up by so much Phone Post

ttt

Jored1990 - I was interested in doing the OU until they put the fees up by so much Phone Post
Not too sure on the fees what I've seen on the website is quite general seems to be up to £1000 a year Phone Post 3.0

I pay $1200 per unit, 4 units a year, in Australia.
I started doing business with a management major to further my career in the charity sector. As I did it I ended up working my way into senior management anyway. But I also couldn't afford to not work full time.

If your career is dependent on the degree and you can afford to go full time, I recommend that because you will learn more being in that environment. I can remember much of many past units because I didn't get 'immersed' in them. Phone Post 3.0

What course are you thinking of? Phone Post 3.0