Anyone grow gourmet mushrooms as a side job?

Been looking into growing oyster mushrooms for awhile as a side source of income/hobby.  Anyone else do this? If so are you selling mainly farmers markets or are you focusing on selling to restaurants.

1 Like

I have watched that video.  Something tells me rural Minnesota isn't going to have the same buying market as DC.   That dude is a trip , I watch alot of his videos for gardening.  

Ive seen this episode on HGTV.... exotic mushroom farmer looking for a new home; his budget $1.9 million 

1 Like

In!

In

In 

stay out of the restaurant game for now,

and that includes becoming a provider for them

Just go to midwest grow kits dot com then little shop of shrooms i think

I have been growing lions mane for myself for awhile so I know the aspects of growing mushrooms.    I have a 3x3 grow tent from my growing days that I will use for now to see what kind of demand I have in my area, I do have a 12x20 room in my basement I can repurpose if things catch on.   Little worried about spore load in my house but everything I have read says that if you exhaust outside spores won't be a issue. There are a couple of co-op grocery stores withing a 1 hour drive that I will probably check out once I get things moving.  Going to shoot for 10lbs a week to start.   

Mycology!

1 Like

In for interesting ideas

Nope but I picked a ton of wild chanterelles a few days ago. Ate them with ribeyes tonight. So good.

I'm interested as a hobby. Mushrooms and chili peppers.

1 Like

Wouldn’t magic mushrooms get you a better yield?

1 Like

in

with covid around consider this a RIP

I have already cornered the market in the s, sw and se metro and most of western Wisconsin. Good luck

ChokeHisAss -

I have already cornered the market in the s, sw and se metro and most of western Wisconsin. Good luck

ChokeHisAss -

I live in the sane side of Minnesota so I won't be encroaching on your territory.  I don't want no mushroom turf wars starting up.