Anyone had experience with Endep (Amitriptylyne)?

I've been prescribed it by my doctor for my Migraines.

My doctor never explained to me that it was actually an Anti-depressant. I only found out when I researched it.

I'm a bit hesitant to take it, now that I know it's an Anti-depressant. It's 10mg, and I'm supposed to take it before bed. I have read online that it has cured a lot of people's Migraines, but I don't wanna become dependent on it, nor do I want it to change my personality in any way. I'm not depressed, so I'm very cautious about it.

I also lift weights 4-5 times a week with a lot of intensity, does anyone who's been on anti-depressants, have experience with working out while on them? Is it going to affect my energy/strength levels, will it affect muscle building? I've read it can make you gain weight, but I don't want to gain fat.

Feeling very confused, and angry with my Doctor for not explaining it to me properly. Gonna go back to him on the weekend, but was hoping the OG could share some insight. Phone Post 3.0

very odd that your doctor would first prescribe an anti-depressant before prescribing a dedicated treatment for migraines. good for you for not blindly taking drugs that doctors prescribe like most people do..some doctors get paid to prescribe certain drugs, If i were you i'd go get a second opinion from another doctor. As for the side effects some people do experience weight gain and some don't.. side effects vary for every person... , Phone Post 3.0

Fuck antidepressants. Don't let those things fuck with your mind. Phone Post 3.0

roaminginthought - very odd that your doctor would first prescribe an anti-depressant before prescribing a dedicated treatment for migraines. good for you for not blindly taking drugs that doctors prescribe like most people do..some doctors get paid to prescribe certain drugs, If i were you i'd go get a second opinion from another doctor. As for the side effects some people do experience weight gain and some don't.. side effects vary for every person... , Phone Post 3.0
Yeah it's weird. But I have read a lot about them being prescribed for headaches. In fact, a lot of people online say they've been a godsend, and most peoples headaches go away within a couple of weeks. But still... Phone Post 3.0

roaminginthought - very odd that your doctor would first prescribe an anti-depressant before prescribing a dedicated treatment for migraines. good for you for not blindly taking drugs that doctors prescribe like most people do..some doctors get paid to prescribe certain drugs, If i were you i'd go get a second opinion from another doctor. As for the side effects some people do experience weight gain and some don't.. side effects vary for every person... , Phone Post 3.0

It is a dedicated treatment for migraines. "Anti-depressant" is just the drug class it's in. It also works for other kinds of pain.

Migraines are a very common and widespread use for it.

enzoamore - Don't take it. I was prescribed this for "nerve pain". It has a lot of off counter uses but I think this medication is total bullshit. It will cure the migraines because it will make you a zombie. It will make you feel like someone else is in your body. I took it for two weeks because my MD bitched that I need to "get used" to it. I shouldn't have listened. I told him to shove it up his ass. This is literally like using a stick of dynamite to remove a nail.
It gives this goofy out of body type feeling. I don't see how anyone can be helped by this medication.
How strong was your dose though? Phone Post 3.0

Hmmm. ^ I think you're right. I'm not going to take them. Can't believe this fucking doctor prescribed them to me. Thanks for the info. Voted up. Definitely going to go and get a second opinion. Phone Post 3.0

psychedelics helps migraines for sure. I know for sure lsd does and 25i-nbome also removes migraines. the 25i is easy to get and if you take a very small dose you dont actually trip you just get rid of the head ache. no side effects or hangover. just illegal.

enzoamore -
Sir Psycho Sexy - Hmmm. ^ I think you're right. I'm not going to take them. Can't believe this fucking doctor prescribed them to me. Thanks for the info. Voted up. Definitely going to go and get a second opinion. Phone Post 3.0

I don't know how easy it is to get in your parts but I would highly suggest trying a cannabis product. I know it worked for me.I don't smoke it. I take the gel tabs and they work better than any shit the whole host of doctors gave me. It was insane. I was prescribed "Gabbatin" (sp???) after the Amitriptyline failed. And you should see what this shit does to you. I am talking about semi-LSD type trips. I told the doctors they can all go straight to hell since I asked for Marinol in the first place instead of the poison they gave me.

The only down side with Cannagel is it makes me hungry like crazy. I eat so much after taking it.
I live in Australia so I can't get any medical Marijuana products. I actually smoked weed everyday for 10 years, I've recently quit because I was starting to get a lot of anxiety issues. It just got to the point where weed wasn't making me feel good anymore. Over used it, morning noon and night. My migraines have gotten a lot worse since I've quit. Phone Post 3.0

Wifey was on it for chronic migraines. It was mildy effective for the migraines, much better than the pain killers she was on. It did make her much less moody. Never once did she complain about any "zombie" feeling.

FWIW, i dont really understand the "zombie" feeling. Ive been on antidepressants for nearly a decade (SSRIs and SNRIs) and never once felt like a zombie. they can break your dick though!