Anyone have any Helio Grace comic books?

There were some made in the 1950s in Portugese.

No but I think I still have the transcripts of his diaries somewhere.

3 Likes

I will now

My friend has an old Gracie Academy newsletter he is going to sell. I’m not sure when or for how much. I can find out if you want. Think it was eventually going on E-bay.

which one?

HotSteppa - My friend has an old Gracie Academy newsletter he is going to sell. I'm not sure when or for how much. I can find out if you want. Think it was eventually going on E-bay.

are you talking about the ones Rorion put out before the UFC started? I have the whole series.

1 Like
graciesrule - 
HotSteppa - My friend has an old Gracie Academy newsletter he is going to sell. I'm not sure when or for how much. I can find out if you want. Think it was eventually going on E-bay.

are you talking about the ones Rorion put out before the UFC started? I have the whole series.

I’m confused lol - what are these and how many are there?

sounds truly awesome

graciesrule - 

I have no idea, that’s what I was told. I’ll ask him.

FatBuddha - 
graciesrule - 

Rorion put a news letter starting in 1991 it was basically what was going on with the academy, basic techniques using Royce and Royler. 4-6 pages and it came out quarterly. Not sure how many I have, probably around 20.

1 Like

I saw one on eBay years ago. If I remember correctly it went for about  $600. The guy lived in Canada and his father was Brazilian. 

He had a complete translation page my page.  I downloaded all the pictures for the listing.... I fucked up and never backed it up, when the computer died I lost it all.

For what I remember there was a comic book for each of the brothers.  

Just George helio & carlos? Did oswaldo and gastao get one as well?

Yes there was Oswald and Gastao. 

Gracie North in yakima posted this

![](upload://yAA4Bp5iLRp6BQg1ZMgl0QPUuoR.jpeg)

Every time i hear the name yakima it brings to mind zneddy's horrific road rage attack. neddy almost had the old bastard with the "rape!!" yell and arm bite.

https://youtu.be/rcMLPn1oRp8

I tried to find one of these several years ago and it was nearly impossible. I found one that had been for sale years prior but couldn’t get ahold of the buyer. Don’t remember the asking price but it was a lot.

de braco - 

Every time i hear the name yakima it brings to mind zneddy's horrific road rage attack. neddy almost had the old bastard with the "rape!!" yell and arm bite.

Jesus Christ what in the world has society done to young men. lol

graciesrule - 
FatBuddha - 
graciesrule - 

Rorion put a news letter starting in 1991 it was basically what was going on with the academy, basic techniques using Royce and Royler. 4-6 pages and it came out quarterly. Not sure how many I have, probably around 20.

PMed you

JoejitsuMD - I tried to find one of these several years ago and it was nearly impossible. I found one that had been for sale years prior but couldn't get ahold of the buyer. Don't remember the asking price but it was a lot.

The comic book or the gym newsletters?

JoejitsuMD -
de braco - 

Jesus Christ what in the world has society done to young men. lol

STAHHHHHHP!!! Neddy’s calling the police! How very dare that octogenarian bastard accost Neddy for a inconsequential “hit&run” How very very dare!!