Anyone have dish network sat internet?

Right now I have dsl and it fucking sucks. Fine during the day but at night I'm lucky to get 2 meg speeds .  Makes streaming impossible.   Besides dsl my only other internet options are satillite companies.   I don't game online , mainly use it for streaming Netflix, Amazon and xbmc.  I wouldn't need it for as much streaming as I do now since I would have to get a dish tv package anyways.  

Is it worth a damn?  

My folks have it. Can't stream netflix with it. 5gb cap then basically 56k speed. Super slow. There are some other satellite options. They all suck.

That's what I figured. 

With Satellite internet you should get an avg of 5mbps download. Good enough for Streaming.

That was a couple of years ago. I used to install it. Maybe it's faster now.

A guy that works for me told me this morning he could get 500 Mb a second through DirecTV Internet. I said that was a far fucking reach, your replies confirm my initial thoughts. Although I've heard of decent speeds via satellite.

I've had it. It sucks. Service gut told me pretty much sucks for everyone

UncleMilty -

With Satellite internet you should get an avg of 5mbps download. Good enough for Streaming.

You can get those speeds. But HD netflix is 3gb/hr. You can watch 2 episodes and you're at your monthly cap. There is a company called nightshift that uses a loophole in netflix TOS to allow caching overnight during "free periods" offered by some providers. It will also cache at snail speeds. Pretty nifty, but still a hassle. That said, having the cable company run a line any reasonable distance is in the 10s of thousands of dollars

Macallan12 -
UncleMilty -

You can get those speeds. But HD netflix is 3gb/hr. You can watch 2 episodes and you're at your monthly cap. There is a company called nightshift that uses a loophole in netflix TOS to allow caching overnight during "free periods" offered by some providers. It will also cache at snail speeds. Pretty nifty, but still a hassle. That said, having the cable company run a line any reasonable distance is in the 10s of thousands of dollars
This, do NOT do it. You'll go thru you cap within days into the month. What about verizon homefusion? Not sure what there monthly cap is.

Shit, tmobile caps me off at 26gb and I run at around 20 to 30mbps on my cellphone

The latency on any satellite Internet is going to beat you to death. For anything other than downloading a file, it's useless. Even then the data caps are terrible.

Don't waste your money sat internet sucks ass, not worth having.  Thank god a local company finally put up a dedicated LTE tower by me.  

Day two that we had the satellite wife downloaded finding nemo from with the code that comes in the dvd.  Whole months use age gone with one click.