Anyone have fake grass?

I have to lay some green down in my back yard but I hate any kind of yard work. I also have 4 dogs, so how do you maintain it etc? Thanks in advance. Phone Post 3.0

Muay Thai kick to the faceee! Phone Post 3.0

i looked into it, ground has to be super dry before u lay it down. like a whole summer of no rain...

you need at least 4 inches of compacted gravel below for base.

Also gonna need a wood or plastic wood nailer board around the perimeter to tack it down. If wind gets underneath it, it will lift it.

Find a product with a sand infill.

For upkeep, spot shoot the occasional weed that grows out of the sand (if you dont put the stone base underneath it, weeds WILL pop through it in time. Lots of weeds). Doesnt matter what the backing is made of - most of them are covered in urethane but it wont make a difference without the stone base protecting from germination and growth. Also once or twice a year you groom it with a powerbroom to stand the fibers back up.

Any other questions fire away.

aside from the expense, why not?

BigEyedFish - you need at least 4 inches of compacted gravel below for base.

Also gonna need a wood or plastic wood nailer board around the perimeter to tack it down. If wind gets underneath it, it will lift it.

Find a product with a sand infill.

For upkeep, spot shoot the occasional weed that grows out of the sand (if you dont put the stone base underneath it, weeds WILL pop through it in time. Lots of weeds). Doesnt matter what the backing is made of - most of them are covered in urethane but it wont make a difference without the stone base protecting from germination and growth. Also once or twice a year you groom it with a powerbroom to stand the fibers back up.

Any other questions fire away.
How is it with pets? Do you just rinse it off occasionally?

By for some good info . Phone Post 3.0

I got some fake grass once when I was in college.  The guy handed me a baggie of moss and then ran off pretending he saw the cops.  I went looking for him and spotted him about 20 minutes later from my car -- some other dude was threatening him with a baseball bat and I just decided that I'd let that guy mete out justice.