Anyone have friends not into MMA?

ttt

Weird. I have absolutely no problem rounding people up to watch a fight PPV and drink beer. Even my 'nerdy' friends. Even GIRLS.

I guess I'm just lucky. They all get bored and chat about other stuff when there's some boring fight on but then again who doesn't? Except for my one friend who's really into BJJ who's all like "see what he's -trying- to do here is clear the left arm so he can sweep his hips and here let me try it on you." Save it for the mats, huggy bear!

If you want friends who are into MMA, make them at a gym. Most don't understand the technique involved and look at it as a bar brawl. You could educate them, but the sport is popular enough. I'm glad people are into other sports as well. It keeps the world interesting. If everyone did the same thing, the world would be a boring place.

I live in Germany, if it wasn't for me, none of the people I associate with would have the first fucking clue what MMA is. On the upside, that lack of knowledge makes me look incredibly skilled when I roll with some bodybuilders and TMA guys at the gym.

Alot of my good friends don't even know it exists. I was visiting my parents last year at the holidays and watched Shockwave there - my folks laughed at the intro and didn't give it a chance after that. In fact, I only have two friends that are into mma.

I got a buddy soooo into kajukembo. He claims that Chack uses kajukembo to win fights and the UFC title. (okay the thumb works) He watched UFC insider and heard Chack say they did point sparring, and told me I should stop wrestling, jiujitsu and train kajukembo.

no real close friends that like mma... and when i try and expose them to it, ultimately what happens is a lay and pray match that I can't defend the entertainment value on... I've stopped trying..

The large majority of the guys I hang out with are not into MMA. In fact, they think I'm crazy for being into it. Besides the UG, the only people who I talk to regularly about MMA are the guys I train with.

"Once upon a time, I wished everyone I knew was a MMA fan.
Now I wish to fuck these TUF noob assholes at my work would shut up and stop talking about it."

co-sign

A few of my friends are into it, I get some into it by showing them the Ultimate Knockouts DVDs or something, boring lay n pray fights are a bad way to introduce MMA.

"who cares who's fleeter of foot when i can beat your ass?"

You have to catch a guy before you can beat his ass....the best sport for self defence is sprinting.

Yes, my friend is into MMA.

pickula- that's fair enough, but the question is, what are my goals? if they're to get you get out of my grill, inducing you to sprint off using your superior footspeed works just as well as beating you down. actually better, because the only person really exerting any effort is you.

My brother isn't into it at all. I had the opportunity to get he and my nephew cage side passes for local shows.

He declined.

back in high school we would have to go down to the cable company and pick up the box so we could hook it up to are tv's and receive the ufc fights. I had alot of friends that would come over and watch, but all of us lost interest as the years went on because we were bar and parking lot brawlers and did not understand true mma. Royce would get you on the ground and hold on till he found his opening to submit, very boring to street fighting fan. i am learning more about mma and enjoy it very much but my freinds still have not watched it in over ten years. the only one i talk to about mma is my wife, no one else around me is interested

They are starting to come around.

almost none of my friends are into it.. ill watch it and my roomates will walk in, watch maybe one fight, then go off and do anything else. fags.

A few

"Royce would get you on the ground and hold on till he found his opening to submit, very boring to street fighting fan."

Watching Royce in the early days is what peaked my interest in this sport. I thought a skinny little guy beating everybody with submission holds was amazing! Who would've thought something so barbaric would turn out to be incredibly scientific.

I will say I was in an unique enviroment because I was one of the first people in my town to get into the UFC and then I got my friends into it and it just snowballed from there. My entire highschool had some knowledge of the sport it seemed. It was cool having 20+ friends over to watch the events and drink some beer. I even did my senior paper on the UFC, borrowed UFC 1-6 to my teacher to watch over christmas vacation. He watched it with his kids and was shocked. He came back and told me to bring in the most bloodiest, exciting fight I had to show the class for my presentation. I showed them Tank vs. Frye.