anyone have meniscus pain ONLY straightening leg?

i have knee pain but ONLY if i attempt a full extension of the leg. it's only the final 5-10% of the range of motion during extention. zero pain in twisting or flexion. since going to the doc is a no no right now trying to see if anyone recognises this as it's pretty specific. no history of knee injuries. it occurred during training brazilian jiu jitsu but there was no audible pops and this came as a surprise after training. after 5 days the pain went away and I tried training and I could tell it was coming back so I stopped.

I guess I am trying to find out if I should find just go to the dr anyways if this is something I have to get fixed as I am reading the body doesnt heal meniscus injuries on its own very well.

Mine flares up once in a while. Right knee on the front outside of the knee. Goes away in a day or 2. Ice it, take some Tylenol and stay off it for a day and it will go back to normal after a few days.

If you have a piece that is "flapping" over it could be causing pain when the joint it "closing" on it. I had it happen in the middle of grappling, tremendous presure anything less than 90 degrees, luckily a med student trained with us and was checking to see if i tore my acl he checked that with my leg bent enough then started straightening it, there was a lot of pressure  bad, and i almost said stop, then it popped loud like every looked at me he froze, i froze and all the pressure went away and i could move it again. Then it swelled bad and few months later and it happening again but bot as bad and i got surgery. 

Braf Zachland -

If you have a piece that is "flapping" over it could be causing pain when the joint it "closing" on it. I had it happen in the middle of grappling, tremendous presure anything less than 90 degrees, luckily a med student trained with us and was checking to see if i tore my acl he checked that with my leg bent enough then started straightening it, there was a lot of pressure  bad, and i almost said stop, then it popped loud like every looked at me he froze, i froze and all the pressure went away and i could move it again. Then it swelled bad and few months later and it happening again but bot as bad and i got surgery. 

Everything I’m reading either says acl (but nothing happened during the roll that caused me to even notice) or patella tendinitis (I don’t really jump ever in my life) or meniscus. This is why I am confused.

did something happen during your roll that you caused u to stop? I can bend my knee completely. It’s only trying to straighten it fully.

I put my hooks in and we rolled on my knee and it felt weird and the pressure, and i quickly said stop stop stop while tapping and pushing him off, had his back hooks in, choke on and i tapped! Lol

I had had an issue, it was getting worse. I had two tears, one in the middle of the outside one, and one at the edge that could "fold over" and the other side had a "discoid" meniscus that you are just born with. Instead of flat and kinda half moon shaped its round and thick, he had to "sculpt" it, said it looked like crab meat. So the thing where people have the surgery and are back to normal in a week, was NOT my case. My knee was huge! When i uwrapped it i was like wow how many bandages did they put on here....... was normal amount, just a huge ass knee under there 

He said in some cases the knee can get "stuck" and hes had to do emergency surgeries. A bunch of us went in early on Thanksgiving morning when it happened. Wife would have not been happy if i ended up in the hospital! Lol

Ttt