Anyone here have ripped abs at 45 years old.

Abs are all about diet. Kill the carbs 

banco -
choadler - 
Windy City -

How hard was it? I am thinking about going for it. I am 5"10 188 pounds and 44 years old and on the muscular side. The lowest I have gotten down to was 179 over the last 20 years and I still didn't have abs. I probably would have to get down to 165 pounds to have abs.

At this age it won't be easy and my face will probably look 7 years older than I am now. I have the type of body where I carry fat on my waist. At 180 pounds you could see the veins in my arms popping out but to get that belly ripped I would really have to get down to probably 165. 

To the guys that did it in their 40's how hard was it? Where you able to lose that extra fat or does it just kind of stick there because metabolism being slower? I am on TRT and lift 4 days a week but looking to challenge myself.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Its funny, I'm a different situation, but I could. I'm slowly getting there.

48 years old. Was 6' 205-215lbs my entire life. Drank a fair share of booze, never dieted or excercised outside if a few years of light running. 2 marathons, but for charity, and I remained fat for both.

Something changed around Jan. Can't explain it. My diet didn't get worse, it just "stopped". Very little food appeals to me now, for whatever reason (touch of the covid back then)? I could easily just not eat for 3 days. I'm needing to force food. Worries me a bit, but I'm maintaining at about 174lbs. Absolutely a struggle to take in enough proper calories. Because of my "altered" diet right now, I could eat anything protein.

I'm just trying to keep enough daily food in.  Muay Thai 4* a week is getting me in great shape. In shock that I could make a 170lb weight cut for a fight.

I was very sick in 2010, almost checked out. Hospitalised, lost some of my esophagus and about 1/3 of stomach. It all tore internally, congenital issue that gave way. Fucking hurt, but didn't kill me. Pretty sure I'm the ONLY guy that any of you know that went without any food or water by mouth for 3 months. No joke. Lucky to be alive.

I've got big nasty surgical scars over my belly and trunk. I'm looking pretty good these days, abs would not be hard at all, they are visible now. I gotta say I look pretty bad-ass when the shirt comes off, and the Muay that bruises and 2ft long scars are on full display.

My advice to all, put down any booze. Just smoke weed (or vape). Better selection, and your body won't suffer.

Wish I never touched a drink, think many parts of my life could be different. I've learned that just dropping the booze/beer is about the single biggest improvement anyone can do in their life.

That sounds like symptoms of depression.

Re the booze, I’m sober for a year and it changed my life only in positive ways

1 Like

Right on, Rabid. Stick w it.

39. 5'11 3/4 (fuck you that 3/4" is important to me)  Made the switch to calisthenics in April when the gyms closed in my city. Kept working hard at it. Do a switch between the Spartacus blood n sand workout and calisthenics routine.

Went down from 195- 175. Leaned out a lot.

Not a super Six pack but definitely had my abs appear.

If you want to lean out I'd highly recommend trying the spartacus/calisthenics workout.

Check out the thenx youtube channel for getting some great workout ideas.

Best part about the calisthenics is being able to do it outdoors so you can get a tan too if you are in a warm area.

43 1/2 and 6 pack still. I've been consistently working out in one form or another for 30 years.  Diet is good but not super strict.  Love my Ben and Jerry's.  I will admit that a lot of it is genetics and naturally fast metabolism. 

I'm 49 and credit Ostarine with bringing my cuts back, I love the stuff. I never let myself get fat, always had a quick metabolism, but you lose the defination as you age.

With Osta I don’t even change my diet, still drink beer daily etc, and the bodyfat melts off in caloric deficit. I usually run a full body workout, EOD. The Osta holds muscle even in deep caloric deficit. Seem to make joints feel great as well.

I cycle it usually @20mg for 8 weeks on/off. I have also used Rad140, LGD, S4, but I like the Osta for the above reasons, and less supressive than Rad. I turned to SARMS due to prostate issues from dht,  (Test, Masteron, Proviron, etc…) I might look at running some low dose test along with sarm cycles in the future again at some point.

Not being funny but have you looked into symptoms of male bulimia? 

JackFunk - 

I'm 49 and credit Ostarine with bringing my cuts back, I love the stuff. I never let myself get fat, always had a quick metabolism, but you lose the defination as you age.

With Osta I don’t even change my diet, still drink beer daily etc, and the bodyfat melts off in caloric deficit. I usually run a full body workout, EOD. The Osta holds muscle even in deep caloric deficit. Seem to make joints feel great as well.

I cycle it usually @20mg for 8 weeks on/off. I have also used Rad140, LGD, S4, but I like the Osta for the above reasons, and less supressive than Rad. I turned to SARMS due to prostate issues from dht,  (Test, Masteron, Proviron, etc…) I might look at running some low dose test along with sarm cycles in the future again at some point.

Where can I get these wonder drugs?

I'm 56, and I'm ripped as a mf'er.

Now, if i could lose a few pounds of this fat i carry around, you'd be able to see it

choadler -

Feel like I should just go for one of those meal plan things. I got a 18yo son that's into bodybuilding, he does it. Looks easy, he just grabs a meal off the pile a few times a day. Usually grilled chix, rice, broccoli. Fucking same thing over and over, but I see that as no problem for my fucked up palate.

You don't need those ripoffs man.

Grill/bake/sautee a bunch of chicken/steak/burger/chops etc... and freeze it in one or two day portions. Stuff last months if needed.

Cook a bunch of cabbage, black beans, potatoes, greens etc... stuff is good in the fridge four days.

You can portion stuff out in little containers if you need the meal prep done the night before on busy days.

Its like 10x cheaper than those meal prep companies and way better if you (or wife) make gourmet sides and grilled stuff of your own.

I just ate mashed sweet potatoes my wife had made for 5 days straight as my main carb. Delicious, healthy and dirt cheap. I would not eat 5 day old meat but stuff like sweet potato tastes perfect, even on day 5.

Just my 2 cents.

Lots of guys claiming to have abs but nonone’s backing it up with any pics.

You're all old.

![](upload://8LnukRy3nq3qSZpPwp9kwLUrSk2.jpeg)

im 43

^^ not claiming ripped and shredded. i need work, but not too shabby for an old timer, i think. 

banco - I did it late 30's. Getting there isn't that hard. Staying there for any extended period of time without drugs is very hard.

True. Getting really lean is tough but possible but staying super lean for weeks and months? I have not been able to accomplish that without stimulants. Besides, the reward for being real lean really doesn’t justify the hard work it takes

ons ear -
banco - I did it late 30's. Getting there isn't that hard. Staying there for any extended period of time without drugs is very hard.

True. Getting really lean is tough but possible but staying super lean for weeks and months? I have not been able to accomplish that without stimulants. Besides, the reward for being real lean really doesn’t justify the hard work it takes

If you find the right foods and meal prep it is possible to maintain single digit body fat year round without being hungry or suffering. It’s about eating foods that are low in calories and have the right macro breakdown while being satiating at the same time.

With that said body types have a major impact on your ability to get lean and stay lean. I have the distinct advantage of being an ectomorph who is naturally tall and lean. 

Fighting -

^^ not claiming ripped and shredded. i need work, but not too shabby for an old timer, i think. 

Looking good brotha. It wouldn’t take much to get you carved up. 

Fighting -

![](upload://8LnukRy3nq3qSZpPwp9kwLUrSk2.jpeg)

im 43

Damn, good job 

I’m 45. I’ll have them in 2 weeks.... maybe 

You're on TRT and don't have abs? You won't get them because you don't have what it takes to get there.

Prove me wrong