Anyone in a wine or beer club? (booze by mail)

I just signed up for FirstLeaf. Probably a buster move I don't know.

My GF signed me up for a 3 month trial in a beer of the month club. 

I didn't care for 80% o the shit they sent me. 

Sort of, but currently membership is hovering around the 1 person mark and he's an alcoholic cunt.

I was gonna sign up for a beer club but figured half the shit they'd send me would be IPAs, and fuck IPAs

Z NEDCMK1 - 

I am on some small vineyards mailing lists. Not sure if that counts.

Sort of. Okay not really. I am too although I don't often purchase from them. Some friends do a Napa Valley club where they go down there and taste and choose and bring back their wine. Their wine is always tasty. That's what made me decide to sign up for this one, but it includes international wine too.

I want to put in a cellar or wine storage under the basement stairs and try to hold onto some bottles. Maybe this will help me do that.

Here's what I'm getting in my first shipment.

Lost Dog Lane 2014 Chardonnay California

Turnkey 2014 Proprietary Red Blend Napa Valley California

Scarpetta 2013 Frico Rosso Tuscany Italy

i dont know much about wine, except that i like to drink it.  my wife signed us up for wine club shipments at a couple of semi-local wineries that we enjoyed.  

Sunstone in Santa Ynez

Artiste in Santa Ynez

Eos in Paso Robles

We were on the waiting list for Foxen in Santa Ynez but never got in.  The only one I wanted was Justin in Paso Robles, but the wait list for that one was long too.  TBH, I mostly liked Justin because they had a cool as shit vineyard dog on the premises that I really liked.  Their wine aint half bad too.

I also don't know that much about wine. My brother in law Francois makes wine. He makes good wine (IMO). He has maybe 5-10 barrels at his house at any time. He told me that even he doesn't have the palette necessary to be a real expert. Personally I just know it can't be too cheap (or too expensive). But he was telling me wines that can be aged you can get for maybe $15 and if you put that away will turn into a $50 bottle.

When it comes to beer, that I drink less and less often, we have so many great taprooms around here that it makes more sense to go there where you have 30 taps to choose from. The fact that wine can be aged makes a difference.

Beer club yes.

Craftbeerclub.com

My wife signed me up for Christmas 2 years ago, and still get it monthly.

You like it?

What's the price like for these? Phone Post 3.0

FirstLeaf is doing an introductory offer where those first three are $20 with shipping. Then it goes to about $15 per bottle with shipping. I believe they claim the wines would generally retail for around $45. I'm in for 3 bottles a month (they ship 6 every two months).

Imagine when someday there can be a bud club. Phone Post 3.0

FlowWithTheGo - Imagine when someday there can be a bud club. Phone Post 3.0

That's a good idea you have there. The marijuana business is exploding here. There's a pot shop on virtually every corner. We have mobile pot carts now that roll up and sell eighths.

attjack - I also don't know that much about wine. My brother in law Francois makes wine. He makes good wine (IMO). He has maybe 5-10 barrels at his house at any time. He told me that even he doesn't have the palette necessary to be a real expert. Personally I just know it can't be too cheap (or too expensive). But he was telling me wines that can be aged you can get for maybe $15 and if you put that away will turn into a $50 bottle.
If you haven't had it yet, everything from scarpetta is awesome! Bobby Stuckey from AZ, now in Colorado, has one of the best restaurants in the country, located in Boulder. He takes all of his staff to Italy once a year to learn about and, help initiate the winemaking process. He was one of the youngest Master Somm's ever. Phone Post 3.0

I don't believe I have had it. Look forward to trying it. I started using the wine app Vivino so I can keep track of what I like and don't like. Otherwise I can easily forget.

https://www.vivino.com/

attjack - I don't believe I have had it. Look forward to trying it. I started using the wine app Vivino so I can keep track of what I like and don't like. Otherwise I can easily forget.

https://www.vivino.com/
Great App. Phone Post 3.0

This thread reminds me that I gotta go buy some wine for tonight.

Kinda off subject.... Any suggestions on how to store wine after the bottle has been opened? Phone Post 3.0